Tuesday, July 01, 2008

WHAT IS A REAL FUNDAMENTALIST? SEPARATION WHAT IS IT?


I LIKE TO TRY TO BE FAIR AND BALANCE IN THESE MATTERS
BIBLICAL SEPARATION?

Biblical Separation vs. Personal Separation


"There are still significant differences between fundamentalists and evangelicals, even the conservative evangelicals." And I believe it has to do with Separation.


(so say a few fundamentalists)


I am also learning there are several different branches of

Independent Baptist Fundamentalist


There is the Bob Jones fundamentalist, there is the J.F. Norris fundamentalist, there is the post Bob Jones and J.F. Norris fundamentalist, and there is the Lee Roberson, Tom Malone and WBF, BBF, Jack Hyles, and who knows how many others that I am not familiar with. There are as many brands of fundamentalist as there are teams in the Major Baseball League.


YOU ARE NOT A REAL 2008 FUNDAMENTALIST IF: (so they say)


  1. You might say you are a fundamentalist but you need to be a Baptist.
  2. You might say you are a fundamentalist but you need to be the right kind of Baptist?
  3. You might say you are a fundamentalist but you need to understand Biblical Separation
  4. You might say you are a fundamentalist but you need to know the five original points of fundamentalist (no not the five points of Calvinism)

  5. You might be a fundamentalist if you do not fellowship with Evangelicals.

  6. You might be a fundamentalist if you use terms like "Soul Winning" "KJV1611 only"
  7. You might be a fundamentalist, but you can't also be Reformed, Covenant in Theology.
  8. You might be a fundamentalist, but you need to be a dispensationalist.\\
  9. You might be a fundamentalist, but you need to preach the Gospel, give an invitation, and preach separation.
  10. You might be a fundamentalist, but you have to practice Biblical Separation, and separate from any body who is not a fundamentalist your style.


I can say I am a Fundamentalist, if I want to. I can say I am a Baptist if I want too, and I can say I am a Calvinist Baptist Evangelical Fundamentalist Reformed Dispensationalist if I so desire. I know what I think I believe. And I might still be viewed by other Fundamentalist as a non fundamentalist.


SO MAYBE I SHOULD NOT PUT A 'TAG' ON WHAT I AM.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...