Wednesday, July 23, 2008

UPDATING YESTERDAY'S TOOLS







SOMETIMES YESTERDAY'S TOOLS CAN BE USEFUL


1983 Model (but good for occasional use)

Sometimes the orginial products are good. Pre-internet times, pre email times, just the word processor. Of course the 1983 Model provided me with some great help. When you pastor a 1950 church, a 1983 mindset can be taxing for a lot of folks. But when a 1950 church can upgrade their mindset, there will be some progress.


Life for most of use moves a little too fast for us to keep up. Sometimes we just stop moving with the times we are living in.


Last night Charity and I went shopping. I wanted to be able to record my messages on Sunday. The tape recorder is outdated. I have one and 1000 tapes. I asked the tech, "What do I use to record." A Digital Voice Recorder he said. A RCA DigitalVoice is 3 1/2" by 1 1/1". And you can plug it in your computer, downland the messages, and put it on your website. I know old stuff, but I will get caught up. And the my cell phone is not a Blueberry iPhone. What's up?


I called Frankie last night, "Frankie how do you present your material at work." "With a power point on the PC." What? What happen to the chalk board?


Why does the local church believe you need to say in the 1950's when it comes to ministry? But there needs to be balance. Yet at the same time we need to be updated.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...