Saturday, July 19, 2008

THE WEEK IN REVIEW

SPEAKING THIS WEEK FOR THE RIVERS OF JOY BAPTIST CHURCH in Minford Ohio July 20, 2008
Charles speaking Sunday Morning,
Bob Temple, Sr. Sunday Evening

Bob and I have enjoyed preaching/teaching for the folks at Rivers of Joy the last several weeks.

Charity keeps an eye on my work as I type or write each day from my computer or note pad. I remember when I was in Jefferson High School, I took a typing class (not a spelling class) and I was the only boy in the class with thirty girls. What was I doing in this class, why was I taking this class. Well I learned when I went to Seminary, what a blessing to know how to type.

(If I had only learn how to spell)

From 1982 thru June 1996 I printed my sermon manuscript each week, generally two per week. And several on Wednesday. Almost fourteen years of reading, writing, studying and printing manuscripts was a real joy. Let me see: Matthew, Acts, Romans, I Corinthians, Ephesians, Philippians, I Thessalonians (chapters 1-2) I Timothy (chapter 1) Philemon, Revelation, Daniel. The primary purpose of the Pastor/Teacher is to dispense or give out the Word. Our church allowed me the time to study the Word of God.

Now I will admit had I had a nice Gateway I might have been tempted to type all the message. But I have always loved to print rather than writing. Besides I needed to be able to read what I had written on Sunday. I learned this point the hard way. Since I generally depended upon what I had written when I spoke, at first my scribing was so bad I couldn't figure out what I had said. But quickly I learned to made sure the manuscript was correct, printed legible and words were spelled correctly. And of course, to make sure what I had said was what the text I was speaking on was in context.

FOOTNOTE: In a photo earlier this week, this sheep had no nose and had only one eye. Charity said it needed some shepherd care, so she added a nose and an eye.

.

  • Okay Ellen you can use the photo of the sheep and other photo, if I can have those on your sites, they are good. folks you need to view those, they have a lot of good information.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...