In an effort to be eclectic and diverse you do “I’ll Fly Away” using hired
Charles E Whisnant
I am the Pastor/Teacher of Rivers of Joy Baptist Church in Minford, Ohio since August 2008. I am married to Charity since June 14, 1969. I have four grown children. Having served in the local church for over forty years as Pastor/Teacher, Asso., Youth Pastor, Minister of Education, Building Upkeep, Camp Director, Sunday School Teacher, etc. Also I have worked in the public place for as many years as I have preached. Charity and her sister are co owner of Union Mills Conf. (Bakery) in West Portsmouth Ohio
In an effort to be eclectic and diverse you do “I’ll Fly Away” using hired
SO IT IS THANKSGIVING PASSED, NOW LET US GET TO SOME DEEP TURKEY TEACHING
What I teach or preach is theological principles that come from my understanding of the Scriptures. Without well informed information, you will arrive a a wrong view of any doctrine. Calvinism is not a doctrine, by the way.
What we could say it is the Doctrine of Grace.
Let me state what Calvinism is not.
- Hyper-Calvinism, simply stated, is a doctrine that emphasizes divine sovereignty to the exclusion of human responsibility. To call it "hyper-Calvinism" is something of a misnomer. It is actually a rejection of historic Calvinism. Hyper-Calvinism entails a denial of what is taught in both Scripture and the major Calvinistic creeds, substituting instead an imbalanced and unbiblical notion of divine sovereignty.
- Hyper-Calvinism comes in several flavors, so it admits no simple, pithy definition. Here are a few definitions to consider. I'll comment briefly on these and then propose a more comprehensive definition:
- The best way to finish this article is to go here.
The photo is on the farm where we were at Thanksgiving, and the boys were wanting me to fire a 45. And I had never fired any hand gun in my whole life. While I took one shot at a tree, that I missed, I will hang up my guns.Well I had to add a little meat to this post. I hope my kids will read the article. But it is deep.
In the name of Christ
On behalf of God's servants
In public worship
Upon the completion of great undertakings
As the remembrance of God's holiness
Ps 30:4, Ps 97:12
For the goodness and mercy of God
Psa 106 1Ps 107:1 Psa 136:1-3
For the gift of Christ
For Christ's power and reign
For the reception and effectual working of the word of God in others
For deliverance from indwelling sin, through Christ
For victory over death and the grave
For wisdom and might
For the triumph of the gospel
For the conversion of others
For faith exhibited by others
Rom 1:8 2Th 1:3
For love exhibited by others
For the grace bestowed on others
1Corin 1:4 Php 1:3-5 Col 1:3-6
For the zeal exhibited by others
For the nearness of God's presence
For appointment to spiritual service
For willingness to offer our property for God's service
For the supply of our bodily needs
Rom 14:6 Rom 14:7 I Tim 4:3 I Tim 4:4
For all people
For all things
2Corin 9:11 Eph 5:20
Should be accompanied by intercession for others
1Tim 2:1 2Tim 1:3 Phm 1:4
Should always accompany prayer
Neh 11:17 Php 4:6 Col 4:2
Should always accompany praise
Psa 92:1 Hebrews 13:15
Expressed in psalms
Ministers appointed to offer, in public
1Chr. 16:4, 1Chr 16:7 1Chr 23:30 2 Ch 31:2
Saints exhorted to
Psa 105:1 1 Corin 3:15
Resolve to offer
Psa 18:49 Psa 30:12
Offer sacrifices of
Abound in the faith with
Magnify God by
Come before God with
Thanksgiving time at Union Mills is a collective effort by all the employees. Without which would be an impossible task to accomplish without them.
Tammy Best Cake Decorator in 2008
NOW THEY ARE GOING AFTER THANKSGIVING
Thanksgiving Costumes -- Cute or Racist?
- 1Samuel 22:50 Therefore I will give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and I will sing praises unto thy name.
- 1 Chronicles 16:8 Give thanks unto the LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people.
- 1 Chronicles 16:34 O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever.
- 1 Chronicles 16:35 And say ye, Save us, O God of our salvation, and gather us together, and deliver us from the heathen, that we may give thanks to thy holy name, and glory in thy praise.
- 1 Chronicles 16:41 And with them Heman and Jeduthun, and the rest that were chosen, who were expressed by name, to give thanks to the LORD, because his mercy endureth for ever;
- 1 Chronicles 25:3 Of Jeduthun: the sons of Jeduthun; Gedaliah, and Zeri, and Jeshaiah, Hashabiah, and Mattithiah, six, under the hands of their father Jeduthun, who prophesied with a harp, to give thanks and to praise the LORD.
- 1 Chronicles 31:2 And Hezekiah appointed the courses of the priests and the Levites after their courses, every man according to his service, the priests and Levites for burnt offerings and for peace offerings, to minister, and to give thanks, and to praise in the gates of the tents of the LORD.
- Ezra 3:11 And they sang together by course in praising and giving thanks unto the LORD; because he is good, for his mercy endureth for ever toward Israel. And all the people shouted with a great shout, when they praised the LORD, because the foundation of the house of the LORD was laid.
- Nehemiah 12:24 And the chief of the Levites: Hashabiah, Sherebiah, and Jeshua the son of Kadmiel, with their brethren over against them, to praise and to give thanks, according to the commandment of David the man of God, ward over against ward.
- Nehemiah 12:31 Then I brought up the princes of Judah upon the wall, and appointed two great companies of them that gave thanks, whereof one went on the right hand upon the wall toward the dung gate:
- Nehemiah 12:38 And the other company of them that gave thanks went over against them, and I after them, and the half of the people upon the wall, from beyond the tower of the furnaces even unto the broad wall;
- Nehemiah 12:40 So stood the two companies of them that gave thanks in the house of God, and I, and the half of the rulers with me:
OKAY HAVE A HAPPY AND BLESSED THANKSGIVING FROM CHARLES AND CHARITY WHISNANT
p.s. the dressed up puppy is from ROSEMARIE
25 years in the Ministry
Alan and Angie
Alex, Anthony and Andrew
While we're waiting for the new economic stimulus plan to be unveiled on change.gov, or while we're waiting for it to kick-in, how about developing a backup plan at sparechange.gov?
Here's Tom Waits in a YouTube video singing the Depression-era "Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?", lyrics by Yip Harburg, music by Jay Gorney (1931). It's a little rougher than the traditionally smooth Bing Crosby version.
They used to tell me,
I was building a dream
With peace and glory ahead.
Why should I be standing in line
Just waiting for bread?
Once I built a railroad,
I made it run
I made it run against time
Once i built a railroad,
and now it's done
Brother, can you spare a dime? ...
Once in khaki suits,
Ah, gee we looked swell
Full of that yankee-doodle dee-dum!
Brother, can you spare a dime?
There are more and more people all around us needing our help.
TAKE SEVEN MINUTES AND LISTEN AND VIEW THIS WONDERFUL VIDEO OF SM LOCKRIDGE'S "THAT IS MY KING!"
I HAVE PLAYED IS ON A CASSETTE AT FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH IN ALTOONA. YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID.
IS HE YOUR KING!
GOD'S ECONOMY ARE PLAIN IN SCRIPTURE
Notes: oikonomos (household rules) is used in the following New Testament passages Luke 12:42; 16:1-8 (many times); I Cor 4:1,2; 9:17; Colossians 1:25; Ephesians 1:10; 3:2,9; Timothy 1:4; Galatians 4:2; Romans 16:23; Titus 1:7; I Peter 4:10.
- Oikovomos comes from two words - oikos (household or house) and nomos (law or rules); so it means literally household rules. The contemporary words economy and economist are direct translation from it. The word ecumenical comes from oikoumene (household living). The King James Version translated the word as steward/stewardship. Modern translators also use minister/manager/management/plan/office. To make the word nomos relevant it should be translated economy/economist/economic plan when used comprehensively.
- Christians must settle the battle between scriptural truths and worldly beliefs once and for all. The Scriptures are the instructions from God on proper behavior in every area of our lives, including our possessions.
- The Christain must understand he is to follow the economy plan of God first, rather than fall for the worldy belief system of economy.
Today, the average teenager spends more than 72 hours a week using electronic media — cell phones, Internet, television, music and video games — according to a 2006 study.
Young, wired and living life on the digital edge — meet the Millennials
I don't believe we can reach the now generation with the methods that we used when we were younger. Have you seen what our children (3-7) are doing these days? Our teens today are way more advanced than we were. The NET Generation 15 to 25 age group.
If we are going to reach those that are younger than we are, we must learn how to reach them.
Then the 26 to 34 group.
Generation Now Net
You know you’re a millennial if... (so they say)
• Parented by boomers, you’ve been lavished attention, high expectations, and a “nothing is too good for my baby” budget of learning toys, after school activities and one-on-one face time.
• You’re a high-achiever. Tested to death, the quality of your education has consumed society — from the State House to the White House. But you’re confident you can live up to all those high expectations.
• You’ve got it together. Unhealthy behavior and trauma — including suicide, serious violent crime and pregnancy rates — are declining in your age group.
• You love to collaborate and thrive on regular feedback. You value honesty and hard work — and you seek out the same in creative partners.
• You’re praise-driven. You’re never more satisfied than when you’ve been commended for a job well done.
• You’re totally at ease in a multi-cultural world. For the first time in history, popular culture and advertising are full of people from different backgrounds, and the civic landscape of business and politics is much more diverse than when your folks came along. Over 40 percent of you are non-white.
• You live to make and manipulate culture, creating and sharing content online on a daily basis.
SO THE CHURCH IS GOING TO REACH THESE TEENS AND YOUNGER ADULTS?
- I work a few hours at Mex Itali during the lunch hour. I see the parents and their kids. What the kids are playing with, is not "jack" or play toys, they are the real cell phones, and computer generated laptops. They are on the Net at age three to five.
DO YOU ENJOY THE MUSIC AND THE PREACHING/TEACHING
Group of worshippers singing. No this is not Rivers of Joy Baptist Church. Yet.
It's ironic that our desire and unexamined criteria for "enjoying" the public gathering of the church may be eroding our deeper enjoyment of it. We may be like those crabs with one big claw and one little claw. We may have a big-claw, overdeveloped sense of enjoyment as near-the-surface emotional response to things that entertain (even in the best sense of that word), while having a little-claw, underdeveloped appreciation for those spiritual disciplines that require more work to produce enjoyment and fruit (things like prayer, Bible study, fasting, giving, the Lord Supper, and listening to the word).
ENTERTAINMENT IN THE CHURCH WORSHIP
- If I'm correct that these are the things that increase enjoyment of prayer and preaching, then it should be obvious why an entertainment ethos in public gatherings is so spiritually destructive.
Also at Rivers of Joy I am working on my Pastor's Office
Back in Altoona Kansas I also had a great pastor's office. Kurt Nunnenkamp built us a wall to wall book shelf. Who is that guy with dark hair anyway?
When I went to First Baptist in Altoona, Kansas I had a very nice pastor's office, And a great church library. . And then in Calvary Baptist Church in Connersville Indiana, I had book shelves built in my office.
So I move into Scioto County, and I am looking for a Baptist Church to visit, how do I do that?
I am looking for a specific Baptist Church, how can I do that?
So this morning I have being sitting at my table trying to web brows the above anwer.
- There is the Google.map site Rivers of Joy Baptist Church, Minford, Ohio. I had to do some edit and hope visitors can get some good information. And I believe you can give a review of your visit to the church.
- Also I googled Minford, Ohio. I found there is a website that has Minford News. I am trying to become an editor and get come church news on the site.
- Google.map had an update on Rivers of Joy I hope will also be of some help
So I wanted to know how many people live in Minford, Ohio. And other information.
- 4,163 people
- 47.6 square miles
- 37.4 is the median age
- Number of churches of all faith: I don't know that yet.
I also was on this web site and I am still working on this project.
OF COURSE THE BEST WAY TO HAVE PEOPLE VISIT THE CHURCH, IS BY PEOPLE WHO COME TO RIVERS OF JOY BAPTIST CHURCH.
- I didn't cut the church lawn very well.
- I didn't buff the floors often enough.
- I spend too much time talking to other people.
- My office looked too much like a pastor's office then a housekeepers office.
- I didn't clean the church foyer, or dust the desks well.
- The bathrooms were not well clean.
Examples as a Staff Youth Director:
- You expect too much spiritual change in the lives of the teenagers.
- You expect the teens to come to all the services at the church.
- You believe that teens should behave when they are in the class room when you are teaching.
- You spend too much time teaching the Bible and not enough current application.
- What do you do anyway with all the time you have?
Example as a Pastor
- You don't preach you just teach.
- You don't preach the Gospel? (I had taught the book of Matthew for six years)
- I believed to work in the church you should be a member of the church.
- You are trying to change this church too much. We are a Southern Baptist Church, or we are a GARBC church, we don't want to be another other kind of church.
- Why are you always putting out a sermon outline, and a church paper?
- We believe in this doctrine, or read from this bible or we sing these songs so keep it that way.
- A dozen or more I could site.
Only a few of the many comments that people will make about what they don't like about their church and pastor and staff. And that is why there are 137 plus churches in Scioto County, who knows how many in Ohio. Many churches have not being listed.
And in time, this wears on you. I don't know how Jerry Falwell was at Thomas Road Baptist Church for 50 years.
ITS ALMOST LIKE THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. 50% of the people like you and the other half believe you are doing a poor job.
YET.... I still love this work. I love the Lord, I love people, I love the work in the local church. And I keep working on my skills, my teaching, my leadership and my life style, and people skills. Maybe in a few more years, I will get better.
AND I AM GLAD I AM BACK IN THE PULPIT PREACHING AND LEADING A GROUP OF GREAT PEOPLE.
- 8 (M)Hear, my son, your father's instruction And (N)do not forsake your mother's teaching; 9 Indeed, they are a (O)graceful wreath to your head And (P)ornaments about your neck. 10 My son, if sinners (Q)entice you, (R)Do not consent. 11If they say, "Come with us, Let us (S)lie in wait for blood, Let us (T)ambush the innocent without cause; 12 Let us (U)swallow them alive like Sheol, Even whole, as those who (V)go down to the pit; 13 We will find all kinds of precious wealth, We will fill our houses with spoil; 14 Throw in your lot with us, We shall all have one purse," 15 My son, (W)do not walk in the way with them (X)Keep your feet from their path, 16 For (Y)their feet run to evil And they hasten to shed blood. 17 Indeed, it is useless to spread the baited net In the sight of any bird; 18 But they (Z)lie in wait for their own blood; They ambush their own lives. 19 So are the ways of everyone who (AA)gains by violence; It takes away the life of its possessors.
Proverbs 1:8 : Prov 4:1
Proverbs 1:8 : Prov 6:20
Proverbs 1:9 : Prov 4:9
Proverbs 1:9 : Gen 41:42; Dan 5:29
Proverbs 1:10 : Prov 16:29
Proverbs 1:10 : Gen 39:7-10; Deut 13:8; Ps 50:18; Eph 5:11
Proverbs 1:11 : Prov 12:6; Jer 5:26
Proverbs 1:11 : Ps 10:8; Prov 1:18
Proverbs 1:12 : Ps 124:3
Proverbs 1:12 : Ps 28:1
Proverbs 1:15 : Ps 1:1; Prov 4:14
Proverbs 1:15 : Ps 119:101
Proverbs 1:16 : Prov 6:17, 18; Is 59:7
Proverbs 1:18 : Prov 11:19
NewSpring Church exposed - Anderson, SC Pastor Perry Noble
Author: Tony Morgan
Not everyone is a fan of NewSpring Church. Here’s a video from Steven Anderson, pastor of Faithful Word Baptist Church, “an old-fashioned, independent, fundamental, King James Bible only, separated Baptist church” in Tempe, Arizona. In case you have trouble figuring it out, Pastor Anderson is in the “not a fan” category.
You may also want to check out some of Pastor Anderson’s other messages including “Why Billy Graham is on His Way to Hell.”
- This guy also believes that pastors should not go to seminary. Man, and to think, if I hadn’t gone to seminary, I wouldn’t know that Jesus didn’t speak in Elizabethan English. Scary Scary stuff. Thankfully, he has a tiny church that has no impact.
- Newspring has no worries if this guy is the competition. Faithful Word Baptist Church appears to be headed for new levels of mediocrity and ineffectiveness with this guy steering the bus. But hey, who on earth wouldn’t want to spend all day Sunday in an “old-fashioned, independent, fundamental, King James Bible only, separated Baptist church in Tempe, AZ?”…Hey Steve, try this: PREACH THE WORD!
A BRIEF COMMENT FROM YOUR TRULY.
- IT IS MY NATURE, I GUESS TO PUT THIS VIDEO ON THIS BLOGGER. SORRY. BUT I HAVE HEARD THIS KIND OF PREACHING MOST OF MY LIFE FROM MEN LIKE STEVE.
- There are a few in Scioto County that preach and say about the same thing that he does. Maybe if they see how they look and sound in this kind of speaking, maybe they would stop. But again I am sure they wouldn't.
- I guess I need to put a video sermon from one of the NEWSPRING preachers. And let you made the decision what you like best.
- Personally, I would just rather hear John MacArthur, Jr. Maybe John Piper. Maybe Woodrow Kroll. Maybe R.C. Sproul. Personally I would rather hear the preaching/teaching of the Word of God. Phil Johnson does a good, and Dan Philipps, and many others.
- Personally I am not a NEWSPRING CHURCH follower, nor the Mark Driscoll or Rob Bell, and those men but I am certainly not a follower of those who rant and rant about issues that are minor and do not really preach or teach the Word of God as it is written.
- TOO much ranting in our independent fundamental evangelical churches today.
The space shuttle Endeavour lifted off from Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral, Fla., on Friday nightlifted off from Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral, Fla., on Friday night and Charity said watch FOX, and what a sight.
- “We want again Luthers, Calvins, Bunyans, Whitefields, men fit to mark eras, whose names breathe terror in our foemen’s ears. We have dire need of such. Whence will they come to us? They are the gifts of Jesus Christ to the church, and will come in due time. He has power to give us back again a golden age of preachers, and when the good old truth is once more preached by men whose lips are touched as with a live coal from off the altar, this shall be the instrument in the hand of the Spirit for bringing about a great and thorough revival of religion in the land. . . .I do not look for any other means of converting men beyond the simple preaching of the gospel and the opening of men’s ears to hear it. The moment the church of God shall despise the pulpit, God will despise her. It has been through the ministry that the Lord has always been pleased to revive and bless His churches.”
Once someone fails to believe in the authority and sufficiency of Scripture, the preaching will lack all authority.
We have seen the majority of preaching go from
- Monologue to a dialog.
- Theology has been turned into theatrics.
- Worship has been turned into entertainment.
- Doctrine has been turned into drama.
- Explanation has been replaced with illustration.
- The pulpit has been replaced with a stage.
- Proclamation has become “calm, Larry King live, fireside, chatty intimacy” as John Carrick of GPTS puts it.
The local church gives the Pastor/Teacher the authority as the Pastor/Teacher to be the Pastor/Teacher of the local church. But the authority of what he teaches is the Word of God. When the authority of the Bible is question, then the authority of the preacher's preaching is going to be question.
Yet what bothers me the most, so much error is found in preaching, using the Word of God. That is a major problem with creditability of preaching. Every speaker believes what he says should be viewed as creditable. How then can those who hear the preaching or teaching from these preachers, know what they are saying is TRUTH as found in the Scripture?
"How can we know that you have the truth of the Word of God?" And this is a fair question. And believe me, I ask my self that a lot. What gives me the assurance that I do have a good understanding of what God is sharing in His Word.
And I believe the best possible way of preaching the truth of God in the Word is to know the Word from a careful study of the Word.
SO WHY DO I PUT SO MUCH EMPHASIS ON THE TEACHING OF THE WORD?
- Without the authority of the Word I have no authority to speak for God.
When we use a photo to express our point, the photo should give the idea that we want to make. Yet I would say, others will generally read into the photo how they interpret the photo. Therefore making our point different from what we originally were trying to make.