Wednesday, July 02, 2008

J.F. NORRIS SPEAKS FOR MY DAD

J.F. NORRIS - FRONT COVER OF A BOOKLET I HAVE




J.F. NORRIS, FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH, FORT WORTH, TEXAS

SPEAKING FOR MY DAD EVERETTE T. WHISNANT





My Dad was really a church evangelist, he desired to see people saved, and then start a local church. Often Dad would go into an area where there were no Baptist Churches, and put up a tent, and begin preaching. When a group of people were saved, and others, a church was formed. Sometimes Dad would be the first Pastor, sometimes he would move on to the next city.


In the photo Dad is in the near center, coat open, my Mom, sad to say is hidding behind the mike to the right. I have no clue who the other people in the photo are, but I really would love to know.

Several times J.F. Spoke for my Dad. In 1952 I believe Dr. Norris came to Ninth Street Baptist Church in Roanoke Virginia to speak for Dad. This was one of the last churches I beleive Dr. Norris was in before he passed away. I was five years old. I remember only that Dr. Norris spent the night with us, and prayed for my brother and I before he left. Dr. Norris died August 1952. Age 75. My understanding is, Dr. Norris came to Roanoke Virginia and then went to a Youth Camp in Jacksonville, FLA, where he died. That is my understanding. My mother would know.

My mother is now 86 years old and has a excellent memory and she well remembers those days.

I went to Bible Baptist Seminary, in 1966, Arlington Texas. Dr. Norris started the school, which was named the Fundamental Baptist Bible Institute, in Ft. Worth started in 1939.
.
J.F. Norris website check it out.
.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...