- When did you become aware of each others' ministries?
- How have your father's influenced your ministries? Did they want you to be pastors?
- If you could tell your younger selves one thing, knowing what you know now, what would it be?
- How do you handle praise? How about criticism?
- How do you counsel younger ministers and missionaries when their ministries seem fruitless?
- When you get discouraged where do you go for encouragement?
- When your life is over, what do you want to be remembered for?
I am not embarrassed to say, these two men have and are influencing my life and ministry. I listen to this this morning and believe these two men, who have different perspective on some issues, yet have respect for each other, both love the Word. While I lean toward the ministry of John MacArthur, there is a balance reading and hearing John Piper.
1 Thessalonians 2:14"For you, brethren, became followers (imitators) of th churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus:"