Thursday, July 10, 2008

JULY 10, 2008 GOOD MORNING and JOHN 3:16

EARLY THIS MORNING AROUND 2 a.m. my mind was awaken with some thoughts and I couldn't get back to sleep. So I got up around 3 a.m. Then I was thinking about that verse John 3:16. I spend a lot of time thinking about God's wonderful grace, and his gift of salvation and eternal life. They are both the same, salvation and eternal life.

Had to made come coffee.

A FULL POT OF COFFEE IS THE ANSWER FOR THIS STUDY
BUT BEFORE THIS STUDY, I WENT OUTSIDE FOR AN EARLY MORNING VIEW OF THE SKY IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE THIS MORNING


  • "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.'

Most people read the scriptures and read what they see, and they naturally believe what they are reading.


When I enter into a discussion about this matter of salvation, and I mention that God is the sole reason why a person is able to come to salvation, the person will say, "What about John 3:16?"


I will say "What about John 3:16, what does it say?" And they will say, "Whosoever believes in Him shall be saved." Right.


It's a very common tradition to turn to this verse to argue the point, that everyone can be saved, if they by faith believe in Christ. They say "God can't elect certain ones to salvation because John 3:16 tells us each person has the ability to believe - God gave His Son so that WHOEVER believes would have eternal life." Then they will say, "Therefore, God has done His part in the matter of offering the gift of salvation in His Son and just leaves it up to everyone to receive the gift through faith. Amen. The matter is closed!" Or is it?


So does John 3:16 tell us that this is the real case! God has done His part, and it's up to everyone else to make the decision if they are going to receive the gift that God has offered?


I will let you get a cup of coffee and sit down, and we will address this verse John 3:16 and see what the verse is really saying.......... (I believe that everyone that believes by faith in Christ can and will be saved).

As you know, I love the scriptures, and I love to know what each verse is saying in its context. As you also know, I believe the Word of God in its orginial writtings are totally correct without error.
Sometimes in the translation from Greek to English there are a few words that are hard to translate. So sometimes the translaters had to do the best they could to get the right meaning for the word.
Here is how John 3:16 would read from the Greek it its transliteration. That is John 3:16 was written in Greek, and here is how it would read in that form.
  • "Thus for loved God the world that the Son his the only begotten he gave, that everyone they believing on him not many perish, but may have life eternal."

Isn't that interesting. Here I thought that John 3:16 written orgininal in English. And I believe every thought that is in John 3:16.

John 3:16 was the verse that the preacher read to me at age seven when I was saved. So John 3:16 means a lot to me.

Well from this morning to now its 10:15 p.m I am going to stop here and pick up tomorrow on this subject.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...