Thursday, July 24, 2008

BARNS, THE GOOD SHEPHERD AND CORN


YOU CAN DISCOVER SOME GREAT BARNS IN CLAY COUNTY, OHIO
AND RED HOUSE, VIRGINIA
and
THE ARRINGTON SISTERS

When I was a youth, I loved to visit Red House, Virginia. The Arrington Family lived there, they were great friends of my Dad and Mom. If any place I loved going, it was to visit the Arringtons. Of course there were three younger sisters that we loved a lot. And there were four older children that we liked a lot, but they were a little older than we were.


The four younger children, June, Pat, Linda and Ann were such wonderful friends for a long time. The ARRINGTON SISTERS, as they were known, and are still known as great singers.


My Dad would have them come to our church to sing and we really loved them coming as well as going to their home.


Well, when we would go to their home on the farm, they had a great BARN full of hay, as you see here in this barn. We loved playing in that BARN.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
THE GOOD SHEPHERD OF THE CHURCH

Our first Wednesday Evening service at RIVERS OF JOY BAPTIST CHURCH
I was glad to get back in to teaching. What a great group of children, teens and adults last night in the service.
.
John 10:11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
John 10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

THE CORN FIELDS ARE GROWING WELL

1 Timothy 5:18 For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, the labourer is worthy of his reward.
-
John 12:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

-

Photos taken by Charles E. Whisnant

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...