Monday, August 25, 2008

RIVERS OF JOY BLOG MYCHURCH

Rivers of Joy Baptist Church's blog


REFLECTION ON SUNDAY AND THE LAST MONTH

  1. Sunday's Worship was just wonderful.
  2. Adult Bible Fellowship, Morning Worship, Evening Worship was very good.
  3. Two joined the church. (3) total
  4. New members were already working with us to help accomplish our objectives.
  5. Visitors were still coming after four weeks.
  6. Members are inviting others to come.
  7. Choir is singing both Sunday Morning and Sunday Evening.

WHAT I HAVE LEARNED ABOUT RIVERS OF JOY BAPTIST CHURCH IN THE LAST FEW WEEKS

  1. There were a lot of rumors circulating about me, and causing a few to wonder if I would be the right choice as pastor of the church. Rumors could be: (but I really don't know) Only rumors.
  • The truth. "Did you know that Charles is not a KJV onlyness preacher?" True. While I generally preach from the KJV, I will read from the NKJV or NASV; I do study from other resources, and I will explain the text from the KJV with other translations. There are several articles on the blog about my position on this matter.
  • The truth: "Did you know that Charles believes the doctrine of Election?" True. I am preaching now from I Thessalonians. Note 1:4 "knowing, beloved brethren, your election by God." or "elect." IT IS IN THE BIBLE.
  • The truth: "I heard that Charles was asked to leave several churches?" True, just read my blog and you will read my journey in ministry. Generally I was open as I felt I should. Several pastors have asked me to leave the church, (Charles, I believe the Lord has called you to be a pastor......)
  • The truth: "I have heard that Charles is not perfect, he has made some mistakes." True. If you want to find fault with my life, you can. I would hate to run for President of the United States.
  • The truth: "Charles is not like the founder, Quentin King. True. There is only one Bro. King. I don't think I could be like him; God only made one Bro. King.

Of course I have not asked what the rumors have been.

HERE IS WHAT I HAVE FOUND OUT ABOUT THOSE WHO ARE NOW ATTENDING RIVERS OF JOY BAPTIST CHURCH:

  1. Some have listened to the comments about me, have given me a hearing, and been willing to get to know me, and then made a decision about what they think about me.
  2. Those who are now coming have made Charity and I so very welcome.
  3. I haven't heard any rumors that the people are going to ask me to leave after a month.
  4. There seems to be an excitement about the methods that I have used in the Sunday School hour.
  5. I have heard that the folks really like the sermon outlines, and some even like the preaching. (Even with a few misspelled words.)
  6. They have loved, it seems, the volume of papers that I have passed out in each service. They all have notebooks and seem eager to make sure they have all the handouts.
  7. They seem to love the Growbylearning website, and blogger.
  8. Some have said that they agree with the direction I have suggested that the church could go.
  9. Those who have stayed in the church, know the struggles that the church has had. There has been no hiding of the hurts and problems that the church has had.
  10. This comment I have heard several times, and believe to be the general attitude of the folks. "We believe Charles is the pastor who the Lord knew we needed to have."
  11. I am glad for the open and honest conversation that we have had with each person.
  12. They have supported me and Charity with their attendance and love, and participation in the ministry. And even financially. WOW.
  13. They are giving me a chance to pastor and give leadership and direction to the church.
  14. And WOW it's a wonderful fellowship of believers.

NOW LET ME SAY WHAT I AM THINKING AFTER A MONTH

  1. WOW

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...