REFLECTION ON SUNDAY AND THE LAST MONTH
- Sunday's Worship was just wonderful.
- Adult Bible Fellowship, Morning Worship, Evening Worship was very good.
- Two joined the church. (3) total
- New members were already working with us to help accomplish our objectives.
- Visitors were still coming after four weeks.
- Members are inviting others to come.
- Choir is singing both Sunday Morning and Sunday Evening.
WHAT I HAVE LEARNED ABOUT RIVERS OF JOY BAPTIST CHURCH IN THE LAST FEW WEEKS
- There were a lot of rumors circulating about me, and causing a few to wonder if I would be the right choice as pastor of the church. Rumors could be: (but I really don't know) Only rumors.
- The truth. "Did you know that Charles is not a KJV onlyness preacher?" True. While I generally preach from the KJV, I will read from the NKJV or NASV; I do study from other resources, and I will explain the text from the KJV with other translations. There are several articles on the blog about my position on this matter.
- The truth: "Did you know that Charles believes the doctrine of Election?" True. I am preaching now from I Thessalonians. Note 1:4 "knowing, beloved brethren, your election by God." or "elect." IT IS IN THE BIBLE.
- The truth: "I heard that Charles was asked to leave several churches?" True, just read my blog and you will read my journey in ministry. Generally I was open as I felt I should. Several pastors have asked me to leave the church, (Charles, I believe the Lord has called you to be a pastor......)
- The truth: "I have heard that Charles is not perfect, he has made some mistakes." True. If you want to find fault with my life, you can. I would hate to run for President of the United States.
- The truth: "Charles is not like the founder, Quentin King. True. There is only one Bro. King. I don't think I could be like him; God only made one Bro. King.
Of course I have not asked what the rumors have been.
HERE IS WHAT I HAVE FOUND OUT ABOUT THOSE WHO ARE NOW ATTENDING RIVERS OF JOY BAPTIST CHURCH:
- Some have listened to the comments about me, have given me a hearing, and been willing to get to know me, and then made a decision about what they think about me.
- Those who are now coming have made Charity and I so very welcome.
- I haven't heard any rumors that the people are going to ask me to leave after a month.
- There seems to be an excitement about the methods that I have used in the Sunday School hour.
- I have heard that the folks really like the sermon outlines, and some even like the preaching. (Even with a few misspelled words.)
- They have loved, it seems, the volume of papers that I have passed out in each service. They all have notebooks and seem eager to make sure they have all the handouts.
- They seem to love the Growbylearning website, and blogger.
- Some have said that they agree with the direction I have suggested that the church could go.
- Those who have stayed in the church, know the struggles that the church has had. There has been no hiding of the hurts and problems that the church has had.
- This comment I have heard several times, and believe to be the general attitude of the folks. "We believe Charles is the pastor who the Lord knew we needed to have."
- I am glad for the open and honest conversation that we have had with each person.
- They have supported me and Charity with their attendance and love, and participation in the ministry. And even financially. WOW.
- They are giving me a chance to pastor and give leadership and direction to the church.
- And WOW it's a wonderful fellowship of believers.
NOW LET ME SAY WHAT I AM THINKING AFTER A MONTH