Thursday, August 07, 2008

CHURCHES WHERE I HAVE PASTORED

CHURCHES WHERE I HAVE BEEN THE PASTOR/TEACHER
RIVERS OF JOY BAPTIST CHURCH, MINFORD OHIO
I am the third pastor of the church - July 2008
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH - ALTOONA, KANSAS 1980-1996
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH TODAY
Jeremiah Morris Pastor
MADISON BAPTIST CHURCH
1972
I can not find a picture of the church, but it was cinder block, two out houses,
no running water at the time.
Ellie Ricky is in the black hat at the top
MADISON BAPTIST CHURCH TODAY 2008
Side view of Madison Baptist in Minford, Ohio
Kevin Gullion pastor
I was 23 years old when I went to Madison Baptist Church and 33 years old when I went to First Baptist Church, and was 48 when we left. Now I am 60 years old and still enjoy preaching as much as ever.
.
Now I have not mentioned the other two churches, both were Southern Baptist Churches, I was in both churches about four months. Its a little hard for me to even mention them because you feel like you were a failure.. But in both churches there were some really great folks, whom we dearly loved. I was never meant I guess to pastor a Southern Baptist Church. I really loved both churches, and did my best, but it was best for us to leave. I really was hungry to preach and I may have pushed too hard to pastor a church.

I hope today I am a little wiser and a little more understanding of ministry. Pray for us as we enter into another ministry at the Rivers of Joy Baptist Church.
.


Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...