- It is absolutely essential that a local church, the believer, perceive themselves as an institution or person for the glory of God. Isaiah 6
- Matthew 4:4 If we are fed by every word that comes out of the mouth of God, then we ought to study every word. Its mostly today’s attitude, “I don’t need another sermon; I’d rather be fellowshipping.” Fellowship is important, but it does not replace the Word of God.
- Every week it seems in my life that I learn something new from the Word of God that I never fully understood before.
- Can you explain the truths from God’s word? Like, life, death, heaven, hell, sin, man, Christ, God, the Holy Spirit, the position of the believer, the flesh, the world, Satan? Etc. 1 Timothy
- Here is the key to Scripture: you read the text, find out what it says and means, draw out a divine truth, and establish the truth in the mind, and then repeat it.
- We are victimized by an absolutely unholy society, and it gets our thinking mixed up. I cringe when I think of the philosophical and immoral filth that our society has created. People’s minds are corrupted and drawn away from God as a result of that.
- Christian’s are called to live a pure life, and we can’t compromise that. 2 Corinthians 7:1. Some people know the Bible, but do not practice the doctrine of personal holiness in their life and in their living.
- Christ is the head of the Church, the father is the head of the family, the elders, pastors, or head of the local assembly. Ephesians 1:22, 4:15, 5:12-13, Hebrews 13:7, 17
THUS, IF WE ARE GOING TO BE A CHURCH THAT IS GODLY AND HAVE PEOPLE WHO ARE GODLY, WE MUST HAVE A RIGHT FRAMEWORK. IT HAS TO HAVE A HIGH VIEW OF GOD, THE PURSUIT OF A CHURCH BODY SHOULD BE TO KNOW GOD. IN SEEKING TO KNOW GOD, THE AUTHORITY OF THE SCRIPTURE MUST BE RECOGNIZED, FOR IT IS THROUGH THE BIBLE THAT WE CAN KNOW GOD. A CHURCH BODY SHOULD A HAVE HIGH VIEW OF SCRIPTURE, AND A COMMITMENT TO THE TEACHING OF SOUND, CLEAR DOCTRINE. THE PEOPLE OF THE CHURCH ALSO SHOULD SEEK PERSONAL HOLINESS. AND SEEK TO SUBMIT THEIR SOULS TO THE CARE OF THOSE THE LORD HAS PLACED OVER THEM AS SPIRITUAL AUTHORITIES.
Photo: Choir at the Rivers of Joy Baptist Church.