Friday, May 09, 2008

THE WORKPLACE IS TO BE UNTO THE LORD


Today Charity and I will be working a few extra hours at our respective jobs. We have always viewed our secular jobs as a ministry unto the Lord. Where we are washing dishes or making wheat bread we enjoy our time we are at work. When you are in the workplace and you are known as a Christian, you need to realize that you work as unto the Lord and to allow others to see your testimony for Christ.

.
Too often I hear what others are saying about others who work in the workplace. I often ask myself, "What are they saying about me when I leave work?" I wonder what my employer is saying about my work on the job? At the end of the day, I want to make sure I have a clear conscience that I have done the best possible service as I possibly can.
.
My employer in the secular workplace, or my Savior in the Christian ministry is to be done as unto the Lord. When I have left a ministry in a local church or in a job, I need to be able to say, "I have a clear conscience, that I have done the best possible job that I have been allowed to do.
.
Then I can walk away with the knowledge I have done my best.
.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...