Sunday, May 18, 2008

WAYS TO IMPOROVE YOUR BLOG BY SERVING YOUR READERS


When I was pastoring and teaching in a local church, I was daily praying that I could serve the people who were under my care as their pastor.


Abraham Piper said this:

  • Truth needs to be proclaimed, but trueness alone doesn’t make what I have to say worth saying. I need to say true things well.
  • It motivates me to concentrate on presentation when I realize that badly written truth is almost as bad as being just flat wrong.
  • Falsehood well said, doesn’t serve readers. It won’t lead people toward what is worthwhile because it’s, well, false. Truth poorly said is similarly unhelpful. It won’t lead people toward what is worthwhile, because it’s unclear or boring.
  • In order for our message to spread—in order to transfer value from us to an audience—each blog post should be a purposeful marriage of quality content and engaging presentation.
  • Over the last 500 posts I have continued to grow in learning how best to present truth and my life experiences so they will glorify the Lord and give you the reader some helpful material for your spiritual growth.

As I upgrade my learning of Blogger and as I read other Bloggers, I am learning new ways of bringing the GROW BY LEARNING Blog in a pleasant manner. Today our culture demands that we give them a reason to buy their products. I walked into Kroger's today, and they have changed the front entrances. Before you even go inside the store, before you see the fruit, bread, and salads, you see the front entrance. You are drawn into the store by how the store looks on the outside.

YOU ARE GOING TO READ A BLOGGER'S BLOG - FOR WHAT REASON?

You are going to read a Blogger's blog - Why?

  • Because of who I am?
  • Because you know what I am going to say is going to be good?
  • Maybe you are going to read the post because you are going to see how badly it is written.
  • Because it has a unique perspective.

WHAT IS GOING TO GET YOU TO COME BACK TO A BLOGGER'S BLOG?


The question could be, how is the blogger going to get someone else to sign on to his or her Blogger or website? And, secondly, if that is accomplished, what is going to be the key of having that person return to read and view their blog another time?

  • How do businesses get people to visit their business? You are drawn to a store by a subliminal message that sometimes you are not really aware of. Really.
  • Why do you pick up a magazine to read? Generally, the magazines are placed strategically so that you will see them and be drawn to pick them up.
  • Millions of hours and dollars are paid out just to get the public inside their business. Have you noticed the balloons on new cars at the Car Dealership!

The culture will tell us the way most of us view how we are to do things, say things, and how we buy things.

  • I wear my watch on my right hand.
  • You are to wear white socks when wearing shorts, and short socks at that! What's up with that?

I read weekly from websites "HOW TO GET MORE TRAFFIC TO YOUR BLOG OR WEBSITE." I am amazed how much time and research goes into this effort of getting more people to view the websites.



I started out blogging with the idea that only my kids might once in a while read what I was writing; and the fact is, they were not reading many of them. Busy schedules.

Then later, some suggested that I needed to be careful what I was writing, because some in the church were reading the articles. I was rather surprised that anyone was reading them.

Then I received some e mails from some who were reading the articles. That was nice.

Then I starting thinking, "I am writing some good articles that I would like to others to think about. "

SO HOW DO I GET OTHERS TO KNOW THAT I EVEN HAVE A BLOG WEBSITE?THEN HOW DO I HELP THEM WANT TO COME BACK FOR ANOTHER VISIT?

  • Make it easy for them to get on the site: NOTE MY GROW BY LEARNING.COM WEBSITE. "You are just a click away from my blog." Just a click. I didn't know how to do that until this year. I didn't know what a hyper link is until this year.

Don't you hate to call on the phone and get the recording, "In order to better help you, listen to the following options so we can direct your call." I really get rather irritated, don't you? Give me the operator please. Make it easy for me to get the information I need now. "Make that call now," we are hearing a lot. "NOW." In other words, how can I get on the website without much effort.

The e mail concept was helping my readers get a reminder in their inbox that I had another good article. Just click and read. A friendly reminder. Don't we get a few friendly reminders?

As we will check our inbox daily, I have FeedBurner, which makes it easy to receive content updates in My Yahoo!, Newsgator, Bloglines, and other news readers. This happened last week. Of course, you can get updates via e mail of our Blogger blog. Goodness.

.

List for me, "I TEND TO GO TO THE WEB SITES THAT ........"






GOOGLE HAS BOUGHT OUT FEEDBURNER.

Another way to view this blog is by going to

Feeds.feedburner.com/GrowByLearning.

Click Here

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...