Thursday, May 01, 2008

HOT WHEELS
^
While it is true that I love theological topics I do engage in fun stuff. While I am on furlough from ministry in a local church, I have picked up this collecting of a few Hot Wheels. After Dale Earnhardt Sr died in 2001, collecting NASCAR just about stopped. Theology to Hot Wheels.
.
Instead of going on visitation I go to K Mart to check out the latest Hot Wheel collection. I hope Alan Harris is not reading this blog. I am praying that the Lord will open up a local church ministry where I will be able to minister in word and service, but over the last ten years it's been a real challenge to serve in a local church as a former pastor/teacher. I've been told I have a passionate, playful, personality disorder, which has been a distraction to a few church leaders.
.
Writing these articles over these 20 months also has caused a little stress on a few people as well. So to have an outlet to relieve the stress, I collect stuff. Hot Wheels.
.
I gave up buying the USA Newspaper to buy one Hot Wheel. Isn't that really sad. It's not theological, but it's fun.
.
Today, over 15 million boys ages 5-15 are avid collectors, and the average boy collector owns more than 41 Hot Wheels cars. So how about a sixty year old collector?
.
Checking out the Hot Wheels collection is really a art. Of course I really don't like cars that much. I couldn't tell you the differences between any big cars, I don't think. Even in NASCAR I pull for the man not the car. So why do I collect cars?
.
It's a good distraction. I don't like fishing, boating, hunting, Wall Street, or Racing cars. I don't play games on the computer. I don't have the income to play golf, and after all I am sixty years old.
.
Now with all that said, and a few thousand Hot Wheels later, (over the last ten years) my desire to study the Bible is as strong as it has ever been. Really, the truth is, I do not buy many Hot Wheels any more, and I don't really spend that much time at K Mart. And I am generally waiting at the counter for Charity to finish looking.
V

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...