Wednesday, May 07, 2008

THIS IS MY MOM FOR SOME SIXTY YEARS


My sister Ellen who has graciously been the care taker of my mother now for some years. Mom is 86 years old, that is old, I must say, but she is sharp as a tack, slow as a duck , or is that a turtle, or a snail, in walking that is. She is fast at cross word puzzles. She loves to eat. She loves her grandson Stephen, and she even likes her son in law.
.
Mom was married to my dad for just 22 years. I used to think that was a long time, but since I have been married to Charity for thirty eight years, 22 doesn't seem long. Dad died in 1966, and Mom never remarried. She was asked several times, but each time, she said no. Goodness.
.
I remember Mom most playing the piano at church. I remember Mom cooking three meals a day for as long as I was at home. I remember Mom always taking care of us kids. I remember Mom teaching us in Sunday School. I remember Mom singing with me on the churches radio program. Mom sung a lot in church. Mom would play the piano, and when dad would preach I remember sitting beside her and going to sleep on her lap a lot.
.
When I got older, I asked Mom, "Mom wasn't it hard being a preachers wife?" I am sure it was hard, but there was a lot of joy. It seemed that Mom loved the ministry and she was a great help to Dad.
.
MOTHER'S DAY. 2008 IS VERY SPECIAL TO ME AGAIN THIS YEAR. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MOM, I LOVE YOU.
.
Love you mom
.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...