Friday, February 20, 2009

THE QUESTIONS I TRY TO FOLLOW


This series based on Second Timothy 2:15 tells us this.







Questions I Try To Keep In Front Of Me - 2 of 6


I am trying to ask myself six questions based on this verse…


#1 - Am I giving God my absolute best?

The first three words are both demanding AND convicting…DO YOUR BEST! (God makes is VERY apparent about how He thinks about odds and ends in Malachi 1:6-14)

There are times as a church leader, pastor, teacher, elder, I am tempted to coast…to make the trouble-free decision instead of the right one…to get out of the meeting rather than deal with the problem…to let things slide rather than hurt someone’s feelings. Not often but there are those times who I would just rather say, “Let’s pray.”

BUT…as a Shepherd God has called me to honor Him by giving Him my absolute best…and that means going the extra mile in every single area of my life.

#2 - Am I More Concerned About God Or Others?

Scripture is very clear, “Do your best to give present yourself to God…”

When “the end” is here I will stand before God and will NOT answer as to… Eccl 7:1-6
  • Whether or not I kept people contented.

  • Whether or not I appeased the bloggers.
  • Whether or not I preached sermons that people WANTED to hear.

I will answer for whether or not I was faithful to WHO He called me to be and WHAT He called me to do!

Craig Groeschel that says, “The quickest way to forget what God says about me is to become obsessed with what others say about me.”
SO TRUE!

When my head hits the pillow at night I’ve got to know that I have tried my best to honor HIM and HIS calling on my life…which IS NOT EASY in a world where everyone seems to have an opinion and a website!

.

BUT…focusing on them doesn’t allow me to focus on Him! (BTW…it isn’t helping you either!!!)
Paul said it best in Galatians 1:10 we have a choice…I have made mine and will not look back…there is way too much at stake!


#3 AND 4 later...

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...