Tuesday, February 24, 2009

ACCOUNTABLITY TO THE TASK OF PASTOR


Six Questions I Try To Keep In Front Of Me - pt 3


#1 - Am I giving God my absolute best?

#2 - Am I More Concerned About God Or Others?

#3 - Does God Approve?

#4 - Am I Being Lazy?


“Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, A WORKMAN…”


One of the biggest temptations for a leader is to become lazy and the begin to expect God to do what HE has clearly commanded the leader to do.


  1. It is my responsibility as a leader, and pastor to make sure I am prepared to preach God’s Word every Sunday, and Wednesday. Three messages on Sunday and one on Wednesday is a task.

  2. It is my responsibility as a leader to make sure that I am growing in my faith and in my leadership abilities. This is by reading the Word of God. Reading material that helps me process leadership.

  3. It is my responsibility as a leader to work hard, to put time, effort and energy into the things God has called me to lead.


One of the most dangerous things a leader can do is put their leadership on cruise control. God didn’t call us to cruise…He called us to create…and that ONLY comes through us being willing to roll up our sleeves and WORK HARD.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...