CHARLES E. WHISNANT
RIVERS OF JOY BAPTIST CHURCH: JULY 1, 2009
Evolution has struggled incessantly to explain all the bodies that exist in the universe.
When Genesis one says that God made the stars along with the moon and sun, it is saying something about His immense power.
Light travels 186 thousand miles a second, or six trillion mills a year.
- The speed of light normally refers the speed of light in a vacuum, and is an important physical constant in modern physics. Light travels at different speeds through different materials, but in vacuum light travels fastest, and the speed does not vary with the color, intensity, or direction of travel.
- This is roughly a million times faster than sound, and fast enough to circle the Earth more than 7 times in one second.
Charles E. Whisnant, Wednesday Night as it was recorded on Creation: Day Four. Part one of the message. July 1, 2009OUTLINE
The Milky Way Galaxy is the spiral galaxy we call home, and so do 100 billion other stars.
• There are 50 billion galaxies in the known universe.
- The end of the Andromeda galaxy which is approximately 2.5 million light-years away, and . contains one trillion (1012) star and close enough to earth to be seen with the naked eye.
- Most stars that you see are not actually stars, but are rather multiple star systems revolving around a center mass.
- The edge of the known universe is over 20 billion years of travel with about 50galaxies behind it with about a hundred billion stars.
- Psalms 8:3 Job 26:14
Genesis explains all this by saying this, ‘HE MADE THE STARS.”
Charles E. Whisnant, Wednesday Night July 1, 2009 Bible Lesson, part two of Day Four