Sunday, February 01, 2009

40 YEARS OF ENDURING PASTORAL MINISTRY

40 YEARS IN ONE CHURCH AS PASTOR/TEACHER AND WITH ENDURING MINISTRY.

John MacArthur

Grace to You, the radio ministry of John's preaching, put together a book entitled Truth Endures. Each chapter is one of John's most enduring sermons he has preached taken from various periods during his 40 years of ministry. Phil Johnson introduces each chapter with a brief historical sketch of the times we were living when John preached the particular message. The special treat is the 60 plus page biographical essay by Iain Murray of John's life and ministry. I will have more of a review of the book later this week, but here is John holding the book after it was presented to him, FEBRUARY 1, 2009




In the book, Stand: A Call for the Endurance of the Saints, a snippet of a conversation I had with him stands out to me:

  • Early in my first year or so at Grace Community Church, I had this little kind of motto that I used: “If you concentrate on the depth of your ministry, God will take care of the breadth of it.” My ministry hasn’t changed since that first year in that small, little church. For me, it’s all about getting into the depth of Scripture and my own personal walk with the Lord. Breadth is something that God does. . . .

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...