Friday, February 27, 2009

QUESTIONS I ASK MY SELF PART FOUR




Six Questions I Try To Keep In Front Of Me -
This series based on 11 Timothy 2:15



#1 - Am I giving God my absolute best?


#2 - Am I More Concerned About God Or Others?


#3 - Does God Approve?


#4 - Am I Being slothful?

#5 - Is There Anything I Am Ashamed Of?

11 Timothy 2:15 “…who does not need to be ashamed…”

One of the VALUES that Christian leaders MUST frequently place in front of them is the value of personal integrity.

“Is there anything going on in your life privately that, if it became public, would disqualify you from ministry?”

Fellow friends we’ve GOT to be SERIOUS about integrity! Yes, we are in a battle…but

I Corinthians 10:13 tells us there is a way out of temptation…that we do not have to bow down to it but rather through Christ we can stand up under it!!!

We don’t need any more pastors/ministry leaders making horrible moral decisions! Seriously…we should be willing to take whatever steps necessary to guard ourselves!

One thing I know about God…He doesn’t play! Galatians 6:7 says He will not be mocked…and to the ministry leader that pretends all is well but has sin issues that he refuses to confess and repent of…bro, God doesn’t play games!

So…what steps are you taking to safeguard yourself? Some of mine are…

  • I do not handle the money at Rivers of Joy Baptist Church
  • I do not counsel women without my wife presence
  • I will not ride alone with a woman in a car other than Charity or my children
  • I will not have lunch or dinner (or breakfast) alone with a woman other than Charity or my daugher
  • Basically I will not spend time alone with a woman other than my wife and daughter!
  • Am I legalistic about this? YES!
  • I keep my Computer where my wife can see me on line, and she can see the last 300 sites that i have being on.

    I have friends that ask me whether or not I am handling my life and preaching and money and time responsibile

These are just a few of the things.

  • I’ve learned that the person responsible for my personal integrity is me…no one else. And that I’ve got to realize where my greatest temptations are and then plan accordingly to not place myself in those areas.

There is TOO MUCH AT STAKE for me (and YOU) to fall!

Part six next........


Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...