Thursday, February 05, 2009

THE MODEL OF HOLINESS AND REVERENCE





THIS IS NO SECRET I FOLLOW THE MINISTRY OF JOHN MACARTHUR.

Paul said, "Be a follow of me." So I would say that to see flesh out the principles of the Word of God, is not a bad idea.

Preachers are personalities. Because of the media, John has being a personality in the Christian field.

He is as well known in the Christian field and Kobe Bryan is known in the Sports field. John has not chosen to promote himself, the media has done that.

If I have heard negative remarks about any preacher, its about John. If there has been false remarks made about a preacher, its being about John MacArthur.

Those who have had a problem with John's teaching, please click here to read to get a clear understanding about what he teaches. If you are interested.

In the past generations, they created an image of pastors that focused on distance, separation, and holiness, and it sometimes overdid the nobility of that image. Today this generation has undone that image and, in the process, has become enamored with "authenticity" and "I'm just like you in every way." But I don't believe the apostles Paul had that notion in mind when he sent off his instructions for elders in the Pastoral letters. Leaders lead because they've got something to say and show to others. So many pastors take off their tie and suits and just like like anyone else. That is cool they say.

What seems to be the need today is a model who models before God holiness and reverence. Today its seems the personality of the pastor is in the forefront and God is in the back ground.

I see in John MacArthur a person who is an example of one who as put to death self and the flesh. As pastors stand before their congregation its the whole package: pastor, father, husband, menor, spiritual director, sibling, friend, and fellow Christian. As a "fellow" Christian the pastor is a model before everyone of the "death of self, death of the flesh' life and lifestyle. Its true you don't want to put pastors on the pedestal, yet at the same time you need to have a pastor who is going to be a good example of what it means to live properly before God. And in my opinion that man for me is John.

Half the time I think I should quit, when I think where I am in my lifestyle and roll as a husband, father, pastor, menor, and friend and fellow Christian. While I have truly strived to be the right kind of person, pastor and husband, etc. I note that I have a long way to go.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...