- I didn't cut the church lawn very well.
- I didn't buff the floors often enough.
- I spend too much time talking to other people.
- My office looked too much like a pastor's office then a housekeepers office.
- I didn't clean the church foyer, or dust the desks well.
- The bathrooms were not well clean.
Examples as a Staff Youth Director:
- You expect too much spiritual change in the lives of the teenagers.
- You expect the teens to come to all the services at the church.
- You believe that teens should behave when they are in the class room when you are teaching.
- You spend too much time teaching the Bible and not enough current application.
- What do you do anyway with all the time you have?
Example as a Pastor
- You don't preach you just teach.
- You don't preach the Gospel? (I had taught the book of Matthew for six years)
- I believed to work in the church you should be a member of the church.
- You are trying to change this church too much. We are a Southern Baptist Church, or we are a GARBC church, we don't want to be another other kind of church.
- Why are you always putting out a sermon outline, and a church paper?
- We believe in this doctrine, or read from this bible or we sing these songs so keep it that way.
- A dozen or more I could site.
Only a few of the many comments that people will make about what they don't like about their church and pastor and staff. And that is why there are 137 plus churches in Scioto County, who knows how many in Ohio. Many churches have not being listed.
And in time, this wears on you. I don't know how Jerry Falwell was at Thomas Road Baptist Church for 50 years.
ITS ALMOST LIKE THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. 50% of the people like you and the other half believe you are doing a poor job.
YET.... I still love this work. I love the Lord, I love people, I love the work in the local church. And I keep working on my skills, my teaching, my leadership and my life style, and people skills. Maybe in a few more years, I will get better.
AND I AM GLAD I AM BACK IN THE PULPIT PREACHING AND LEADING A GROUP OF GREAT PEOPLE.