About Me

My photo

I am the Pastor/Teacher of Rivers of Joy Baptist Church in Minford, Ohio since August 2008.  I am married to Charity since June 14, 1969.  I have four grown children.   Having served in the local church for over forty years as Pastor/Teacher, Asso., Youth Pastor, Minister of Education, Building Upkeep, Camp Director, Sunday School Teacher, etc. Also I have worked in the public place for as many years as I have preached. Charity and her sister are co owner of Union Mills Conf. (Bakery) in West Portsmouth Ohio

THROAT SINGERS SINGING I FLY AWAY


In an effort to be eclectic and diverse you do “I’ll Fly Away” using hired
Its a comic story around the church that I don't like to hear again

I Fly Away song.......
but I am not sure that the throat singers wouldn't be a nice change.

Of course
our attendance might increase.
.
Or on the other hand
you like to greet the congregation on Sunday morning with:

Yo Sinners, Are you ready to Rock!?!”
could get a new group of 20s in church.
.
And than again
as a Reformed, Baptist, with a little southern gospel in me, I might
just stay with the traditional

Alan Harris family