Friday, November 14, 2008

VISUAL LITERACY AS WELL AS OTHER VIEWPOINTS


COMPOSITION AND CROPPING: CAPTIONING, CONTEXT AND CIRCULATION
What would you say this picture is saying:
and how many ways was this photo used to say totally different ideas?
This particular has been chopped up at least three different ways to express the point one is trying to make.
CHOPPING UP A PICTURE TO MAKE A POINT THAT WE WANT TO MAKE IS REALLY NOT GOOD.
Now may I point out, I am way over my head with this literacy point. What we see and how we interpret a photo, or a speech, or what some one says, or even a passage from the Bible generally is different. The orginial intention usually is missed.

When we use a photo to express our point, the photo should give the idea that we want to make. Yet I would say, others will generally read into the photo how they interpret the photo. Therefore making our point different from what we originally were trying to make.


There is a point to this, but what is it?
*I know I don't have a comment section,
but there is my email.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...