Friday, November 28, 2008

LET US SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT

Roby and Randy (an ex Marine) and Chad
Just Please Do Not Shoot Me (about this subject.)

SO IT IS THANKSGIVING PASSED, NOW LET US GET TO SOME DEEP TURKEY TEACHING


What I teach or preach is theological principles that come from my understanding of the Scriptures. Without well informed information, you will arrive a a wrong view of any doctrine. Calvinism is not a doctrine, by the way.


What we could say it is the Doctrine of Grace.


Let me state what Calvinism is not.

  • Hyper-Calvinism, simply stated, is a doctrine that emphasizes divine sovereignty to the exclusion of human responsibility. To call it "hyper-Calvinism" is something of a misnomer. It is actually a rejection of historic Calvinism. Hyper-Calvinism entails a denial of what is taught in both Scripture and the major Calvinistic creeds, substituting instead an imbalanced and unbiblical notion of divine sovereignty.
  • Hyper-Calvinism comes in several flavors, so it admits no simple, pithy definition. Here are a few definitions to consider. I'll comment briefly on these and then propose a more comprehensive definition:
  • The best way to finish this article is to go here.


The photo is on the farm where we were at Thanksgiving, and the boys were wanting me to fire a 45. And I had never fired any hand gun in my whole life. While I took one shot at a tree, that I missed, I will hang up my guns.

Well I had to add a little meat to this post. I hope my kids will read the article. But it is deep.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...