Tuesday, November 18, 2008

HOW TO REACH THIS CURRENT GENERATION

PEOPLE THAT DON'T KNOW MUST LEARN

GROW BY LEARNING


Charity asked me the other day, "How did you decide to use the name "Grow By Learning?" And I said "Proverbs 1:2, Proverbs 1:3 and Proverbs 1:5 (now point to those and see the verses)


Charity took this photo of me Sunday Evening at Rivers of Joy Baptist Church. I am getting a Library room ready. Here are a few of my three ring binders of articles I have downloaded from the web and study notes.

Also at Rivers of Joy I am working on my Pastor's Office
Back in Altoona Kansas I also had a great pastor's office. Kurt Nunnenkamp built us a wall to wall book shelf. Who is that guy with dark hair anyway?
A closer look, at the book shelves that Kurt built.

Charity and Kyle loved my office too.

GROW BY LEARNING

If there is anything I love to do it is learning. I loved the library. I would spend hours in my Dad's library as a child and as a youth. I would spend hours at school in the library, both High School and College. When I lived in Texas, Kansas or Kentucky. I would love going to the local public library. Then I had a nice library myself.

When I was pastor at Madison Baptist in Minford, Ohio in 1971 I had a nice library / office.
(I don't have photos of those, wish I had.)



When I went to First Baptist in Altoona, Kansas I had a very nice pastor's office, And a great church library. . And then in Calvary Baptist Church in Connersville Indiana, I had book shelves built in my office.



The point of this post was not to be about my library. I wanted to mention the LEARNING process that I spent yesterday doing.

HOW TO BETTER GET THE MESSAGE OUT ABOUT RIVERS OF JOY BAPTIST CHURCH

I woke up yesterday early, my mind was really working overtime. How can I learn to put our church on the web. The web is here and we should learn to use the medium. Some one moves to town, or is going to move to Scioto County and they are looking for a church. Really. How can we provide the means whereby they can find us on the web.

We are going to have to prepare for the future. As our church members are getting older, we need to give attention to the younger group. We need to meet the needs of us that are older, but we need to seek to reach our youth and young adults as well.

I don't believe we can reach the now generation with the methods that we used when we were younger. Have you seen what our children (3-7) are doing these days? Our teens today are way more advanced than we were.

If we are going to reach those that are younger than we are, we must learn how to reach them.

To cont.


Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...