On a Sunday, “tech” is happening in classrooms, the Treehouse, the gym, the main worship center and our new FX Live family production that kicked off this past Sunday. The FX Live team has their own full tech team and uses IMAG (Image Magnification) in their production as well. NOTE: FX Live has 2 cameras right now (the same ones we used in our old worship center).
Well, come churches are trying to attract those who are dropping out of church. So some churches are doing some other things to attract people to come to their church:
In this church they have chosen to have a great stage to attract people to come to the church. Here is there staff
- Dir. of Technical Arts (that’s me - I float around, encourage and oversee) \
- Front of House audio (usually our full-time Audio Coordinator)
- A2 (second audio engineer at FOH)
- Monitor Engineer
- Lighting Technician
- Service Director (on headset with stage managers, times service, executes)
- Stage Manager on stage left
- Stage Manager on stage right
- Stage Manager on floor
- Producer (takes in overall experience, gives creative feedback/guidance)
- Video Director (right now the VD calls and switches)
- Video Engineer (this person is the camera shader and is responsible for starting the recordings for the DVD-R and capture to FinalCut for the video podcast)
- Camera operator 1
- Camera operator 2
- Camera operator 3
- Graphics Operator (right now their is one that runs EasyWorship)
- FUTURE: Broadcast audio engineer (right now we capture to ProTools HD)
- FUTURE: TD at the switcher (the Video Director will just call the shots)
- FUTURE: Prompt Screen Operator (we are going to move to 2 graphics operators, one for the screens that the people see and one just for the prompt screens that the singers see)
I read this comment: I Chronicles 12:32 'And of the children of Issachar, [which were men] that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do; the heads of them [were] two hundred; and all their brethren [were] at their commandment.' From this text, "men who understood the signs of the times and knew the best course for Israel to take" Today, church leaders must act as scouts, fervently asking the Lord for discernment into how they can best practice biblically faithful ministry in their cultures and contexts." I thought this has come merit.
So how is the Pastor and Staff to view the need of church ministry today.
Next time. Its late.