The three pictures on the wall, I have had since the 1980's and they speak of the leadership roll of the Pastor/Teacher
SEVERAL QUESTIONS TOAY
- CAN THERE BE REGENERATION WITHOUT JUSTIFICATION?
- CAN THERE BE JUSTIFICATION WITHOUT SANCTIFICATION?
- AND CAN THERE BE EITHER (JUSTIFICATION/SANCTIFICATION) WITH OUT THE PREACHING OF THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST?
- Upon futher study of the Scriptures, I finally understood that the Gospel is far more than just the message about the invitation of salvation. Salvation is about the past, present and future realities of the believers life, and the Work of God and Jesus Christ.
- Salvation: is also Redemption revealed, and Redemption accomplished , and then Redemption applied. From Genesis to Revelation the Story of Salvation/Redeption is taught.
- But just a footnote, I do not apply every verse in the Old Testament to Christ. I do believe there is another thread that is woven throughout the Old Testament. I do not spiritualize the Old Testament. I do believe in progressive history and progressive redemption. I do believe there is a "seed" that you can trace throughout the Old Testament and that seed is the Messiah, Jesus Christ.
- I do not think I need to address salvation each time I preach, in the sense I need to address "you need to be born again", with that said, I believe you need to preach or teach the scriptures you are addressing.