Thursday, September 11, 2008

LET IT BE KNOWN NEWSLETTER 1969

LET IT BE KNOWN - STUDENTS OF BIBLE BAPTIST SEMINARY NEWSLETTER

Note the PASTORAL PRACTICE CLASS
Dr. George Norris had the vision to start this class with some of preacher
boys. Off campus at Gideon Baptist Church.
Those were some of the best practical classes on church and pastoral ministry.
Believe me, having taken my first church to pastor. These classes really helped me.
Secondly
Ralph and Barbara Wimm,
Most outstanding servants of Christ
STUDENT CHRISTIAN ACTIVITIES CLUB
.
Bill Smith, Edgar Graham and Daniel Stockton who were on this project with me, they were and are as I understand great servants to the Lord.
.
Those years 1966-1969 in Seminary were interesting to say the least. As I remember the desire of my heart was for the on campus students. I had desire to help them move forward in their Christian service. I was only nineteen in August 1966, but I had been a Youth Pastors for two years prior in coming to Seminary. As I remember the only on campus activity was the Missionary group, and as I remember there was no activity for the preachers, students that was not missionaries. So I desired to start a ministry to minister to them. As I remember we had a great time trying, but as I also remember, not well received by the administration. Of course this was 40 years ago. Those were the years.
Arlington Baptist College today, has come alone way from those days. The current leadership are doing a wonderful work.


A group of student spend many hours on this project, Student Christians Activity Club. As I again remember after 40 years. I still believe that this would have been a wonderful ministry on campus, as was the Campus Newsletter, and the Student on Campus Revival.


And many of those who were on this project, have proven themselves as wonderful servants of the Lord Jesus Christ, many of them even after 40 years are still serving the Lord today.



Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...