Eric and I were going to the church, and I wanted this photo, I had been looking for a photo to take with cattle on a hill side, and this was perfect.
We often say, God owns the cattle on the hill and even the hill.
GOD CREATED EVERYTHING
In the beginning there was nothing, and God created (Genesis 1:1).
GOD OWNS EVERYTHING
- ‘The silver is mine and the gold is mine,’ declares the LORD Almighty” (Haggai 2:8).
- “Every animal of the forest is mine, and the cattle on a thousand hills” (Psalm 50:10).
- “The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it. The world and all its people belong to him.” Psalm 24:1). The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains, The world, and those who dwell in it. Psa 24:1 New American Standard The earth is the LORD’s and the fullness thereof, the world and those who dwell therein, English Standard Version
Flowing out of the fact that God created and owns everything is the logical conclusion that whatever we possess is not really ours, but belongs to God; we are simply entrusted with our possessions. Therefore, we are trustees, not owners.
WE ARE TRUSTEES
I Corinthians 4:1-2 (three translations of the text)
- “A person who is put in charge as a manager must be faithful”
- This is how one should regard us, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God. Moreover, it is required of stewards that they be found trustworthy. English Standard
- Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God. Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful. KJV
WHAT WE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT GOD:
- God is infinitely holy. God is perfect in thought, word and deed, and He is glorified by His perfection and sinlessness (see below for a definition of sin). God is also a perfect judge, and the Bible tells us that the "LORD Almighty will be exalted by his justice, and the holy God will show himself holy by his righteousness" (Isaiah 5:16). God's holiness may seem like good news at first glance. You may be thinking about someone who has wronged you in the past, and are glad to hear that God will judge them. You are right if you think that because God will judge all people. All people will be judged by the perfect standard of God's holiness and righteousness.