Wednesday, January 26, 2011

SO YOU MIGHT BE A CALVINIST IF?


SO YOU MIGHT BE A CALVINIST IF?
OR IT MIGHT BE JUST THAT YOU BELIEVE
THE WORD OF GOD POSITION ON SALVATION AND GRACE
If they say, “Are you a Calvinist?” say, “You decide. Here is what I believe ..”

And of course most of my fundamentalist friends would not say they are Calvinist?
But on the other hand I would say most would agree with the following verses and statement about our salvation.

I believe I am so spiritually corrupt and prideful and rebellious that I would never have come to faith in Jesus without God’s merciful, sovereign victory over the last vestiges of my rebellion. (1 Corinthians 2:14; Ephesians 3:1:1-4; Romans 8:7). (click on verse)

I believe that God chose me t be his child before the foution of the world, on the basis of nothing in me, foreknown or otherwise. Ephesians1:4-6; Acts 13:48; Romans 8:29-30; 11:5-7

I believe Christ died as a substitute for sinners to provide a bona fide offer of salvation to all people, and that he had an invincible design in his death to obtain his chosen bride, namely, the assembly of all believers, whose names were eternally written in the book of life of the Lamb that was slain. (John 3:16John 10:15; Ephesians 5:25; Revelation 13:8)

When I was dead in my trespasses, and blind to the beauty of Christ, God made me alive, opened the eyes of my heart, granted me to believe, and united me to Jesus, with all the benefits of forgiveness and justification and eternal life. (Ephesians 2:4-5; 2 Corinthians 4:6; Philippians 2:29; Ephesians; Acts 16:14; Ephesians 1:7; Philippians 3:9)

I am eternally secure not mainly because of anything I did in the past, but decisively because God is faithful to complete the work he began—to sustain my faith, and to keep me from apostasy, and to hold me back from sin that leads to death. (1 Corinthians 1:8-9; 1Thessalonians 5:23-24; Philippians 1:6 I Peter 1:5; Jude 1:25; John10:28-29; I John 5:16)

Call it what you will, this is my life. I believe it because I see it in the Bible. And because I have experienced it. Everlasting praise to the greatness of the glory of the grace of God!

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...