Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Services and Teaching and Singing at Rivers of Joy Baptist Church

f

WHEN I FINISHED THE MESSAGE SUNDAY

YOU WILL NOTE FIND BY VIEWING THE VIDEO SERVICE ON VIMEO THAT MY TEACHING OF THE WORD OF GOD IS FROM A BOOK IN THE BIBLE.  

Currently I am teaching from  the book of Romans on Sunday Morning.  And on Sunday Night I am teaching from the book of Philippians.
This kind of teaching is called expository preaching/teaching.  The idea is to teach the Bible verse by verse.

Why do you continue to  preach in this preaching style?

Personally I believe the bible mandates it.  It doesn't fluctuate with culture.  

I believe every WORD in the Bible needs to be taught. I deal with every word in the New Testament at least.  And expository preaching is the only way you actually come to grips with every word in the scriptures 

There are 8674 different words in the Bible and  5624 different Greek words, and 12,143 different English words in the KJV 

The New Testament has 260 chapters and 7,957 verses and 180,000 words. 

Romans has 16 chapters and 433 verses:  I have not counted the words.


 

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...