Wednesday, January 26, 2011

HOW DO YOU JUDGE A PREACHER?



So many people have their own idea as to what is a good pastor? What is a great preacher? Why should I want to listen to him?

What does a preacher need to say that will make a difference in me going to the church he is preacher? Of course having been in ministry for so long, I usually ask that question when I go to a church.

People in that church need to know enough about the Word of God that they have a good understanding about the purpose of the preaching of the Word of God.


I have listen to preaching all (literally) all of by life. My Dad was a pastor/teacher from the time I was born. I would like to be able to preach with the ability that people would listen. I would like to have a great sermon each week. I am still working on this project.

But most of all, I have a desire to preach the Word of God in truth. That is a challenge for sure. I want to know what I am teaching is truth.

I want to teach the truth that God is going to bless. I want to present a gospel that is really going to see God save human souls.

I really have not had the ability to build big church buildings, have a wonderful mission program, I have not had the ability I guess of helping the poor, and all the side things that I am glad come do.

But the one thing I desire above all else is the assurance that I preach and teach the gospel that will bring people to a real true saving knowledge of Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...