About Me

My photo

I am the Pastor/Teacher of Rivers of Joy Baptist Church in Minford, Ohio since August 2008.  I am married to Charity since June 14, 1969.  I have four grown children.   Having served in the local church for over forty years as Pastor/Teacher, Asso., Youth Pastor, Minister of Education, Building Upkeep, Camp Director, Sunday School Teacher, etc. Also I have worked in the public place for as many years as I have preached. Charity and her sister are co owner of Union Mills Conf. (Bakery) in West Portsmouth Ohio

Passion for the Glory of God


Have you notice there is a lot of passion in the world today. Most of the passion seems to be evil passion, like lust, anger, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, divisions, envy, self love, and we could go on.

Sports, entertainment, recreation and the pursuit of personal happiness. And we really are expected to be deiriously excitedabout things like that. You don't go to a Dallas Cowboy's football game and just set there.

But we are not expected to be so excited about the glory of the Lord. We are seen as seriously imbalance if we express our love for the glory of the Lord.