Tuesday, January 11, 2011

ALTAR CALLS

lll

Growing up independent fundamental Baptist, I've sat through my share of altar calls, feeling an overwhelming sense of guilt at over half of them. When I was growing up, I thought "Just as I am" had 327 verses. I remember rolling my eyes when so and so went forward (like they did every Sunday). And I remember being upset when someone waited until the 326th verse of Just as I am to FINALLY go forward.



The traditional altar call is gone from many churches (and I'm not so sure that is a bad thing... at least the way we did it growing up). But thanks to YouTube, you can now re-live all the glory that was 'the altar call' with this new release.

Take a look:

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...