About Me

My photo

I am the Pastor/Teacher of Rivers of Joy Baptist Church in Minford, Ohio since August 2008.  I am married to Charity since June 14, 1969.  I have four grown children.   Having served in the local church for over forty years as Pastor/Teacher, Asso., Youth Pastor, Minister of Education, Building Upkeep, Camp Director, Sunday School Teacher, etc. Also I have worked in the public place for as many years as I have preached. Charity and her sister are co owner of Union Mills Conf. (Bakery) in West Portsmouth Ohio

I AM OBSESSED WITH CHURCH REALLY

IS THE CHURCH IMPORTANT TO YOU?
( Madison Missionary Baptist Church, Minford, Ohio a long time ago)

THESE ARE REASONS I LOVE THE CHURCH

(First Baptist Church Altoona, Kansas a view years ago)

(Rivers of Joy Baptist Church - Minford, Ohio)
Be
1970 or 1980 -90 or 2008

I LOVE THE LOCAL CHURCH
Just in case you haven’t been able to tell this about me before…I am OBSESSED with church.

I am asked often "Are you glad you are pastoring?" Are you kidding! ?! I sure am.

Now…I can’t quit thinking about it. If someone wants to talk church…I’m in! AND SO…it bothers me when I hear someone say that they don’t think that church is really that important.

REALLY? Church isn’t important? THINK ABOUT THAT…if that’s the case I have a few questions…

#1 - If church isn’t that important - then why does Matthew 16:18 say that Jesus built it? Would the Son of God actually spend time building something that was worthless?

#2 - If church isn’t that important - then why does Scripture in Acts 20:28 say that Jesus shed His blood for it? Would the Son of God have been willing to endure the suffering He went through for a meaningless organization?

#3 - If church isn’t that important - then why does Ephesians 1:22 & Colossians 1:18 say that Jesus is the Head of it? Would Jesus REALLY be the Head of something insignificant and trivial?

#4 - If church isn’t that important, if church isn’t “needed” to learn about God…then why does Ephesians 3:10 say that it was through the church that the wisdom of God should be made known?

But might I say, it's not only going to church, it's a lifestyle that takes place daily in our life. As we go about our daily life in the workplace, at school, at college, we live a life that reflects what we learn in church, through the teaching of the Word of God.