Friday, December 05, 2008

GOD GIVES AND THEN WE KNOW



Man does not first come to God that he might be taught; but he is first taught that he may come to God.


"Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom." God gives and then we know. When He opens our eyes then we can see. When He loosens our tongues then we can speak. When He says come forth then we live. When He commands us to be of good comfort then we can rejoice.

  • God is first in all the works of creation and providence. He is all in nature, all in grace, and all in glory. "Without me you can do nothing." Thus, if you would deny yourselves; pray; resolve; love; believe, or know more than others it can only be by the gracious revelation of God to your heart.
  • All the difference which exists between man and man, is only from the Lord Almighty; who is wonderful in counsel. You may cast the net on any side of the ship of piety but God alone can enclose it with spiritual blessings. Only thus, may you be taught to acknowledge who He is, rest on what He does, and finally be with Him where He is. And though your journey is attended with bitterness yet He shall soon crown you with eternal blessedness!

We exist for the glory of God, we exist to give glory to God, God exist that we might give glory to God.

  1. “He predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of the glory of his grace” Ephesians 15-6.

  2. God created the natural world to display his glory: “The heavens declare the glory of God” Psalms 9:1

  3. You are my servant Israel in whom I will be glorified” Isaiah 49:3 “. . . that they might be for me a people, a name, a praise, and a glory Jeremiah 13:11 .

  4. “He saved them [at the Red Sea] for his name’s sake that he might make known his mighty power” Psalms 106:6-7

  5. “I have raised you up for this very purpose of showing my power in you, so that my name may be proclaimed in all the earth” Romans 9:17
  6. “I acted [in the wilderness] for the sake of my name, that it should not be profaned in the sight of the nations in whose sight I had brought them out Ezekiel 20:4 .
  7. After asking for a king] “Fear not . . . For the Lord will not cast away his people for his great name’s sake 1 Samuel 12:20-22)
  8. “Thus says the Lord God, It is not for your sake, O house of Israel, that I am about to act [in bringing you back from the exile], but for the sake of my holy name . . . . And I will vindicate the holiness of my great name . . . and the nations will know that I am the Lord” Ezekiel 36:22-23, 32 .

  9. For My own sake, for My own sake, I will act; For how can My name be profaned? And My glory I will not give to another” Isaiah 48:11.

  10. “Christ became a servant to the circumcised to show God’s truthfulness, in order to confirm the promises given to the patriarchs, and in order that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy” Romans 15:8-9 .

  11. is my soul troubled. And what shall I say? ‘Father, save me from this hour’? No, for this purpose I have come to this hour. Father, glorify Your name.” Then a voice came from heaven, “I have glorified it, and I will glorify it again” John 12:27-28.

  12. “He died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised” 2 Corinthians 5:15

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...