Friday, December 19, 2008

FELLOWSHIP AT THE TABLE IS COOL














I only view several hundred Bloggers, but I have yet to come across one that will show their tables in their house. Why on earth would I do that anyway? Last Sunday Charity and I invited the church family over for dinner. When you have a small church you can do that. We had a great time of fellowship, sitting around the tables. We brought out more chairs and I believe around 27 came to eat with us.

Church is designed to learn about God, yes, its about worship, yes. And its about fellowship where we can strengthen one another to good works.
Charity and I have always had our home open for friends and famly.

This was a norm in my youth. Dad would invite folks over to the house often. Mom would have a good meal ready for them when they came, even when this was unexpected.

So I just believed that our home was a great place for people to come. We were a little selfish in keeping preachers, evangelist, and missionaries and singers at our home as a youth. So we just kept up this practice over the years.

The number of families that have stayed in our home, has been cool. What a blessing. Of course I talk too much. We eat a lot. And our kids have always enjoyed those who had kids.

And Charity and I have only stayed in a few homes over the years, that doesn't happen much, I guess. I couldn't tell you where a half dozen preachers live anyway.

So if you need a place to say, on your way to wherever, you have a bed and breakfast at our home. We will try to give you more than the plate in the photo.


Had I had a Kodak EasyShare in those days, would that have been the coolest. I would have a number of photos of those daying in our home. WILD.





Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...