Saturday, March 08, 2008














SHEPHERDS CONFERENCES 2008 I DIDN'T MAKE IT


Having attended two Shepherd Conferences back in the days when only 300 attended. But I am glad more can come now. With today blogging, live blogging no less, its almost like being there. Well at least you can get the notes.


Over at Pulpit Magazine sfpulpit.com http://www.sfpulpit.com/ Nathan has graciously written about each of the sessions. Also the photo above are from that sign. Also Evers Ding has done liveblogging at his sight http://dinghome.net/ and has done marvelous in given a description of the sessions.
I first heard John MacArthur, Jr in 1973, his tape was from Ephesians 4:12. That message changed my ministry. In 1983 my first trip to the Shepherd Conference changed my ministry for ever. Those men who taught in that conference changed my understanding of ministry in a local church, and how a pastor/teacher should preach and minister in a church.
What I learned that first trip to Grace and the Conference was not what I had learned at the Hyles Pastor's School. Both were good, but the SC was more about the minister and his preaching. Not about how to grow a church but how to know the Scriptures.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...