Monday, March 10, 2008






pyromaniacs

  • Pyromaniacs is the website that I daily visit. Those boys do a good service for our Christian community. Phil Johnson, Dan Phillips and Frank Turk.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
SCHEDULE OF THE MORNING: WHAT IS NEW TODAY?
RANDOM THOUGHTS
^
Each morning when I awake, my mind seems to be directed toward the direction of the day. These days I am not pastoring/teaching, which was a part of my life for over thirty years, I had a specific direction for each day of the week. My schedule was set to do certain activities. I generally knew daily what the schedule would be.



These days I generally don't know how the Lord will direct my activity or thoughts. But in the few moments before I get out of bed, ideas will come to my mind. Then I will generally make the coffee, sit down and ponder those thoughts I had. Read the Word, talk to the Lord.




Later in the morning I will awake Charity, with a hot cup of coffee, and then I will turn on the Gateway. AOL is ready to be of service for the Internet. I will click on the CorelWordPerfect and view the articles from yesterday. I will note the e-mails. Then I will visit some of my favorite bloggers and websites. Following this practice, I will begin to think about what I am going to blog, what is the topic today? I may be working on a series, or some topic will jump out at me, as a result of looking at other blogs, or a book I am reading, or something that came to my mind before I got out of bed.

GROW BY LEARNING

This is a true statement, learning is growing. Even after living for sixty years, you are ever growing in knowledge. For example today, I finally learned how Blogger uses the LINK to link to websites. Now there are about a dozen other features that Blogger has that I need to learn to use. I note that many other bloggers and .com use the video. Well, that is down the line for me. I would rather record my words in print at the moment. My Blog is my enjoyment at the moment.

My sister as you know introduced me to my GROW BY LEARNING WEBSITE. And as a result of this we have communicated quite a bit over the last month, via e mail. She has added several websites herself.

.

INTERNET IS QUICKLY BECOMING THE EVANGELISM OF THE DAY. BUT BEFORE INTERNET AND AOL ............ (another post)

EVANGELISM BACK IN MY YOUTH DAYS:

  • Back in our early days, we could go door to door without any suspision from those who would answer our door knock. We would spend hours knocking on doors, asking people about church and their relationship with the church and the Lord. As a teenager when I was a Youth Director at my fathers church, the Roanoke Baptist Temple, often I would be invited in for a nice cup of coffee. My first paying job in 1967 at Southall Baptist Church in Danville, Va. I would go out daily and do a survey, who went to church and who didn't.
  • On one of those surveys, I experienced an out-of-the-body, no body will believe, and I don't often talk about experience. I am scared of dogs, Big Time, then and now. One day as I was walking from house to house, I came upon a big big dog. This dog came rushing toward me, and I froze. At the near point of contact with the dog, I said, "LORD!?" And at that moment the dog in mid-air, stopped. I was rather stunned. The dog dropped and ran the opposite direction. And I went on to the next house to ask if they went to church.

To continue later..........

What is being born again Note Article page.

.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...