Thursday, March 20, 2008


IN 1947 WE WERE LIVING IN LYNCHBURG VIRGINIA. THE PHOTO IS A POSTCARD THAT WENT OUT TO RADIO LISTENERS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD.
.
Dad and Mom had been on the radio for several years before. I have a Newsletter from 1944 in which mom was the Editor. I will try to take a pix. One of these days I hope to get a scanner.
.
I under stand I was popular with the listeners. I have heard from several people that they had a copy of this postcard. Mom was twenty-four years old I believe, and dad was fourty-two I believe.
.
Dad was pastor of the Ward Street Baptist Church in Lynchburg, and later the Park Ave Baptist Church in Lynchburg. Mom played the piano, and was a wonderful soloist, I understand. I do know when I got older I thought she was very good.
.
Everette T. Whisnant, and Pauline Greene Whisnant and Charles E. Whisnant
-

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...