- On the Threshold of Eternity. In 1890, Vincent van Gogh painted this picture seen by some as symbolizing the despair and hopelessness felt in depression. Van Gogh himself suffered from depression and committed suicide later that same year.
Depression can make the most dedicated friends, family, and ministers feel incompetent because there are times when it seems absolutely resistant to change. But here is what I know, depressed people have an inner spirit like all the rest of us, and they can be renewed by faith even in the midst of the pain.
The basic steps to follow with those who have depression, a term that is generally used by society at large.
- Understand the experience of depression. Understand what people mean by "depression"
- Make tentative distinctions between physical and spiritual symptions. The need a be physical that can be treated, but it could be spiritual that also needs to be address.
- This distinction will allow you to focus on heart issues. In doing this if a person is not a Christian, the hope I trully believe is in knowing Christ as LORD. If a person is a Christian than the hope is still in Christ, and a bibically understanding of what that person is suffering can be address. Personally I believe in a believer, the issue could be one of "faith" in the providence and will of God.
- Its possible and I understand and often happens, that when issues of life is not address, there is pain of emotions. The longer one does not address the issues that is causing the pain, the deeper the problems becomes.
- Address the issue with some one who is a Christian, who will be willing to address the issue from a biblical point of view.
Every Person In Life has to Deal with Living Life