Saturday, October 17, 2009

God's Word Does Not Change, But Changes Us


Last night I drove over to Union Mills to pick up Charity after a 12 hour marathon. We are glad business is good. They were working on orders for Satursday. Well, the time was 9:30 p.m. Wendy was still open, so I ordered a Junior Cheeseburger. That was good.



I had just finished typing up the outline on Philippians 2 for Sunday night. I really like doing outlines of the sermons. While I had previous taught on Philippians when I was at First Baptist Church in Altoona, Kansas back in 1992, the manuscript was still good.


All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness. 2 Timothy 3:16

The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Psalms 12:6

Of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.
Ecclesiastes 12

But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name. John 20:31\

GOD'S WORD DOES NOT CHANGE, THE WORD CHANGES US.


I woke up this morning around 4 a.m. with that statement on my mind. I hoped I could remember the statement when I got up. God's Word is forever the same. God is One who can not change or change His Word.


God speaks to us directly by the Written Word. How Good Is That?


Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...