About Me

My photo

I am the Pastor/Teacher of Rivers of Joy Baptist Church in Minford, Ohio since August 2008.  I am married to Charity since June 14, 1969.  I have four grown children.   Having served in the local church for over forty years as Pastor/Teacher, Asso., Youth Pastor, Minister of Education, Building Upkeep, Camp Director, Sunday School Teacher, etc. Also I have worked in the public place for as many years as I have preached. Charity and her sister are co owner of Union Mills Conf. (Bakery) in West Portsmouth Ohio

Today I Began My 62 Year


Today Friday I began my 62 year.

  1. 1947-1950 (?) Born and lived in Lynchburg, Virginia
  2. 1950-1966 Lived and went to school in Roanoke, Virginia. Roanoke Baptist Temple
  3. 1966-1966 After Dad died we moved to Danville, Virginia
  4. 8/66 1/70 Bible Baptist Seminary in Arlington Texas
  5. June 14 1969 Married Charity
  6. Places I have worked in Ministry Fort Worth, Texas
  7. Wooster, Ohio
  8. Minford, Ohio - Madison Baptist Church
  9. Mansfield, Ohio, Perryville, Ohio
  10. Fort Worth, Texas
  11. Connersville, Indiana
  12. Cedar Lake, Indiana Hyles-Anderson College
  13. 3/1980 7/1996 Pastor/teacher First Baptist Church, Altoona, Kansas
  14. 7/1996- 2001 Lexington, Kentucky
  15. 3/2001 - presently living Portsmouth Ohio
  16. Currently Pastor/Teacher Minford, Ohio - Rivers of Joy Baptist Church
I don't want to list all the secular jobs I have had the privilege to work for. The list would be a lot.
  1. I will say I worked the longest while Pastor at FBC in Altoona, Ks. For ten years I worked in Fredonia, Kansas at a Nursing Home. Love the time with the older folks.
  2. And I worked in Lexington, Kentucky at a number of part times jobs. 1996-2001
  3. Moving to Portsmouth, Ohio in 2001. Worked only at Mex Itali part time for two years.
  4. As of October 2009 I will be helping Charity at Union Mills, and riding the John Deere 850.
Other points of interests:

  1. As I look back, I was saved by God's grace in 1954. At the time I didn't know what grace was. I didn't know John 3:16 either. What I knew, I wanted Jesus to save me. And you know He did. And for all these years, He is still working in my life.
  2. Christ called me to be His servant. I first worked with my Dad in his church when I was a teenager and did until Dad died in 1966.
  3. I have had the privilege to serve in a number of ministries and work in the secular workplace for which I am glad.
  4. Charity and I have been married for 40 years as of June 20009.
  5. Charity and I have four adult children, Eric, Becky, Chad and Kyle.
  6. Now we have a grand child by Eric and Leslie, and later this year another grandchild by Kyle and Brittney.
I am thankful that the Lord has held us up by His grace, and power and will. I have failed more than I want to admit to accomplished all that I had wised I could have succeed. But one thing I have tried over the years, is to do the best I can with what God had to work with.

I trust that the Lord will continue to use us as His servant.