Friday, October 23, 2009

Today I Began My 62 Year


Today Friday I began my 62 year.

  1. 1947-1950 (?) Born and lived in Lynchburg, Virginia
  2. 1950-1966 Lived and went to school in Roanoke, Virginia. Roanoke Baptist Temple
  3. 1966-1966 After Dad died we moved to Danville, Virginia
  4. 8/66 1/70 Bible Baptist Seminary in Arlington Texas
  5. June 14 1969 Married Charity
  6. Places I have worked in Ministry Fort Worth, Texas
  7. Wooster, Ohio
  8. Minford, Ohio - Madison Baptist Church
  9. Mansfield, Ohio, Perryville, Ohio
  10. Fort Worth, Texas
  11. Connersville, Indiana
  12. Cedar Lake, Indiana Hyles-Anderson College
  13. 3/1980 7/1996 Pastor/teacher First Baptist Church, Altoona, Kansas
  14. 7/1996- 2001 Lexington, Kentucky
  15. 3/2001 - presently living Portsmouth Ohio
  16. Currently Pastor/Teacher Minford, Ohio - Rivers of Joy Baptist Church
I don't want to list all the secular jobs I have had the privilege to work for. The list would be a lot.
  1. I will say I worked the longest while Pastor at FBC in Altoona, Ks. For ten years I worked in Fredonia, Kansas at a Nursing Home. Love the time with the older folks.
  2. And I worked in Lexington, Kentucky at a number of part times jobs. 1996-2001
  3. Moving to Portsmouth, Ohio in 2001. Worked only at Mex Itali part time for two years.
  4. As of October 2009 I will be helping Charity at Union Mills, and riding the John Deere 850.
Other points of interests:

  1. As I look back, I was saved by God's grace in 1954. At the time I didn't know what grace was. I didn't know John 3:16 either. What I knew, I wanted Jesus to save me. And you know He did. And for all these years, He is still working in my life.
  2. Christ called me to be His servant. I first worked with my Dad in his church when I was a teenager and did until Dad died in 1966.
  3. I have had the privilege to serve in a number of ministries and work in the secular workplace for which I am glad.
  4. Charity and I have been married for 40 years as of June 20009.
  5. Charity and I have four adult children, Eric, Becky, Chad and Kyle.
  6. Now we have a grand child by Eric and Leslie, and later this year another grandchild by Kyle and Brittney.
I am thankful that the Lord has held us up by His grace, and power and will. I have failed more than I want to admit to accomplished all that I had wised I could have succeed. But one thing I have tried over the years, is to do the best I can with what God had to work with.

I trust that the Lord will continue to use us as His servant.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...