Friday, January 02, 2009

TO SPEAK BOLDLY: THE LOVE CHRIST




December 31, 2008.

I read this post today:

Generally he has a lot of great articles and I enjoy reading them.


"I have a goal this year to evangelize one person every single day. I can pass out a gospel tract to get that done, but I prefer to talk to someone. The latter is what I want and the former what I'll settle with to reach the goal. To add some accountability, I will write about my evangelism experience every day. It will be found at a new blog called Open Boldy. You may ask: "Another blog? Come on!" Well, I won't be able to reach this goal in front of a computer. This is just very public accountability like Weight-watchers is for weight loss.My theme verses are Ephesians 6:19-20:"

  • And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.
I have heard of evangelist and preachers strive for that goal. Its a goal that I am not sure is really biblical sound. I have been raised in this atmosphere most of my life. What I have seen is a lot of evangelist talk and a lot of results that last less than a week. And people in the pew will see this as a fruitless ministry.

I trust all of us could speak of Jesus love to those we meet daily.


  • A friend of mind who works for the County Court system, shook hands with a woman today, who shot and killed three people at point blank range a couple of months ago, and said, "Jesus loves you." That took courage. Amen for him. May we all do that when we have the chance. He almost always makes a point when possible to tell those who are criminals, Jesus love you, and you need Jesus. Amen.

I have read and listen to a number of men, evangelist, pastor, who made it their goal to speak the gospel to someone each day of their lives. And I am not saying that is wrong. What I am saying I have seen where we force the committment, there is a lot of false salvation made.

I have personally seen this with my self. While at Hyles College, we would go block by block, house by house and try to get someone saved. Time after time we would use the Roman Road and get people to say yes. Only the next week they would say it again to someone else.

As a Pastor I have tried to impress a follow pastor with my approach to soul winning, and get someone to say yes, they will be saved. Only to have them not open the door the next week.


I have taken a dozen soul winning courses, and they are all good to a point. While its true we should present Jesus Christ to the lost, in our zeal we sometimes sure push for decsions that are not made by the person we are talking to.

Well you say, its better to get one in ten then none at all. I fully disgree with that point of view.

As a pastor/teacher I do have the opportunity four times a week to share Christ with people. And to share the Word of God with people is the joy of my life. But the decision for people to be saved is Jesus Christ.


I am thankful for my friend who has a passion for Jesus in the work place. And his boldness to speak of Jesus Christ love is the key to witnessing for God.

(1971-1974 Madison Missionary Baptist Church, Minford Ohio)
May we take a conscious effort to make Christ known daily to those who we come contact with.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...