Sunday, January 18, 2009

THE VOICE OF JOY AND PRAISE


What is interesting, about this Christian life, your prespectives can change. In the years 1947 thru 1996 going to church on Sunday and Wednesday was never a question with me. Going to church generally was the joy of my life. The reason I guess was that I was deeply involved in ministry of the local church. Being involved in a local ministry, keeps you enjoying going to the local church.


In the years 1997 thru the middle of 2008, church ministry was not as a pastor/teacher, but as a staff member, or member of the church with little responsibility. There were times in the last four years, that my desire to even go to a local church was getting a test of my enjoyment.


Just been honest. My love for the Lord has not decreased, but have learned more about the Word in these last four years than I have in the previous 10 years or twenty years.


My element is preaching/teaching and pastoring a local church. Herein is the real joy of my life.


THE JOY OF THE LORD



  • Psalms 32:11 Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart.


  • Psalms 42:4 When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday.

When I remember these things, these things that the Lord has allowed me to experience for these many years, I look back with a voice of joy and praise.


When you filter out all the stuff that has distracted you in doing ministry, and focus on the ministry itself, and you focus on your great salvation, and you focus on our great God and Jesus Christ, your voice is of joy and praise.


FOCUS ON CHRIST AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS, FOCUS ON HIS GIFT OF SALVATION TO US. FOCUS ON THE COMING OF THE SECOND COMING. I AM LOOKING FOR JESUS.







Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...