Saturday, January 03, 2009

2009 IS GOING TO BE GOOD


As we go into another year, we sometimes think we will get a new start, and this time do it right. Well, I have had over fifty new starts, to do it right again. And you know, this is getting better with practice.
(cookies at Union Mills)


Last year, at 60 years old, (believing I am only in my forty's) I took on the task of preaching, and teaching and working with a group of folks at Rivers of Joy Baptist Church. After a few years layoff from serving in a church, I find myself back in full swing doing what I love doing the most.

Most amazing I am enjoying every minute of the experience. I have being getting ready for pastoral ministry and teaching again for about five years.

I will share with you, the experience the last eight years has being mixed. I have not chosen to quit. Like Charity says "Charles will be fired before he quits"? Let me see, I have been let go, fired, what ever, three times, from ministry. Well. I am still standing. God must not be finished with me yet. (old churches on the flood wall in Portsmouth)

I guess no experiences go void. The Lord is still bringing us to maturity. I am still preaching the same sermons, using the same methodology, have the same wife, using the Word of God, still wear a suit and tie. So what is the difference? Still have the same belief that I have for the last thirty years. Still love Christ, Charity and Children, and the Church, and Christy (friend) and Calvin, and chocolate Ice Cream, coffee and cookies and cake.

I thought about checking into a ministry rehab.

Kidding, of course.




I am thankful that the Lord and those in Rivers of Joy Baptist Church have been so good to us.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...