About Me

My photo

I am the Pastor/Teacher of Rivers of Joy Baptist Church in Minford, Ohio since August 2008.  I am married to Charity since June 14, 1969.  I have four grown children.   Having served in the local church for over forty years as Pastor/Teacher, Asso., Youth Pastor, Minister of Education, Building Upkeep, Camp Director, Sunday School Teacher, etc. Also I have worked in the public place for as many years as I have preached. Charity and her sister are co owner of Union Mills Conf. (Bakery) in West Portsmouth Ohio

REDISCOVERING HOLINESS AS BELIEVERS SHOULD

One of the most profound books I have read, and continue to read, and often quote from is J.I.Packer's Rediscovering Holiness. I first read the book in December 1992, and even today read and quote from this book.

I believe today we are current losing the biblical truth about holiness. Today, we are ever losing the reality of biblical truth. There was a time when all Christians put great emphasis on the reality of God's call to Holiness.

I am amaze today to see many who say they are "Christians" yet their lives and talk and behavior often don't picture or mirror the reality of Christ's holiness in their live.

Take time today to ask God to get your attention off self and others, and back on Christ.