Monday, February 07, 2011

RECORDING HISTORY OF MESSAGES AND WHAT I HAVE LEARNED

WHAT YOU CAN LEARN WITH HEARING YOUR RECORDING MESSAGES

A FOOT NOTE
  • Let me just say as a footnote: I have been the pastor/teacher of very small churches. In those churches I was the first to recorded any messages, and most likely the only pastor before or after I was there.
  • The main reason for recording was for my own purposes of learning and growing in my presentation and preaching.
  • I admit that few people were really interested in hearing a sermon more than once.
BACKGROUND ON RECORDING

  • I first started recording my sermons back in 1972 while pastor of the Madison Baptist Church, in Minford, Ohio. They were rather bad recording, since I only had a small tape recorder. But it was interesting to hear myself preach.
  • When I went to First Baptist Church in Altoona, Kansas in 1970 thru June 1996, I set up a recording place and recorded most of the messages I preached.
  • Then when I came to Rivers of Joy in Minford Ohio, I began to record my message on DVD video.
  • Then I started uploading the message on VIMEO. And some on YouTube. And then put the DVD video on my websites.
REASONS FOR RECORDING:

  • The purpose at first was to listen to myself speak. I wanted to improve my preaching.
  • While in Seminar we did have classes on preaching, well Dr. Moore. They were short and not very good.


  • While I had preached before seminar, I certainly didn't now what I really was doing.

What I learned reviewing cassette tape or DVD
  1. When you are preaching and listen to your voice, there is a difference on the tape..
  2. When I am teaching or preaching, how I think I am sounding is much different on tape.
  3. How I thinking I am presenting the message when I am preaching is different when I hear my self on tape or video. In other words the impression I am having while I am preaching is really different when I hear myself.

PHOTOS OF SOME OF THE TAPES AND DVD.

Recorded most of all message at First Baptist Church in Altoona, Kansas from 1980 thru June 1996
This recording was from Calvary Baptist Church in Connersville, Ind. in 1979.
The church had a recording room and was done rather well.
I record as you can see in the Adult Bible Class.
I was about 16 or 17 years old, at youth camp, and was teaching and preaching.



I started preaching at First Baptist Church in Altoona, Kansas in 1980
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This message was recorded at Bigelow Church in 2005, professional. Well the recording staff id a great job of recording every Sunday in the Church. I spoke one Sunday and they recorded the message.
When I came to Rivers of Joy Baptist Church, I didn't record on cassette tape at all. Didn't have the ability too. Then I bought a small Kodak and recorded the messages on video.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...