Saturday, February 12, 2011

How Deep The Father's Love For Us


Sunday I am preaching from Romans 5:8
This song , the lyrics are so great.

The Doctrines of Grace have not been fully grasped if they only bring us intellectual knowledge or some kind of mental stimulation. Properly understood, they lead every true child of God to new depths of worship of our great God. 

The song "How deep the Father’s love for us" written by Stuart Townend is definitely amongst my all time favorites. I have been moved to tears many times as I have contemplated the words. How thankful I am for the Father’s love – so vast and immeasurable.



How Deep The Father's Love For Us lyrics

Stuart Townend


Lyrics: How deep the Father's love for us,
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One,
Bring many sons to glory

Behold the Man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed I hear my mocing voice,
Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that helf Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I knoww that it is finished

I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast inJesus Christ
His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom
(REPEAT)

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...